Fresnel Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviant

Enlightened
does anyone know where i can a fresnel lens that can fit a D-cell maglite? i guess the diameter is a appor 52 - 55mm (2.047 - 2.165in)

i have been searching on the web and most round fresnel lens are much larger, i cant find any small ones. i'm thinking of getting a square fresnel lens and shape it accordingly

if i started this thread in the wrong section will the mods pls move this to the appropriate seection. thanx

MicroE

Enlightened
Have you tried Edmund Scientific?
Good luck, though. There aren't very many small Fresnel lenses out there.
Fresnel lenses are big by design. They are meant for large applications (lighthouses, for instance) because they use less material (glass, plastic) in order to make large diameter lenses.
Why can't you use a more conventional lens?---Marc

Deviant

Enlightened
Marc,

thanx for the tip. i have searched Edmund Scientific and apparently they have only large square Fresnel lens.

there are small square fresnel lens which i guess with an apropriate tools i can shape it if there is no detrimental effects on the lens. but i would still prefer something off the shelve.

if i were to use a conventional lens i guess i won't be able to stand the maglite on it's face and i guess these convex lens would be more prone to wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.