• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

* * * * Now at the shoppe. Swivel Brass Button

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
These brass buttons can be attached to the McLux or other flashlights with a 6-32 screw and converts the flashlight into a swivel flashlight. You can also pick up the belt clip holder, the wall mount hook, and plastic button.

The belt clip is the same high quality clip sold by Nokia and other cell phone manufacturers.

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
McLux.jpg

more

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
You must get this. It is a great accessory and is well worth the paltry sum. Plus you get to be *Just Like Don*...

You have MR Bulk's word on it (the bein' just like Don part, that is...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif *Just Like Don*...
thinking.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
Sad news,, My lack of attention to detail attaching the swivel brass button just cost me a Mclux!

I just received two buttons and a clip, attached the button and screw to my FAVORITE non turnkey BLACK Mclux from Graham.
and LOST IT while ridding my motorcycle out in the desert!! This was my EDC and pride and joy.

So all of you can learn from my mistake. I should have soldered or used Locktite on the screw! or found some way to prevent what has happened. I am very depressed and it really messed up my holiday. I will be posting a full blow by blow as a new post but saw this topic and thought it would help others.

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
That really sucks Flash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I can't even imagine if I was to lose my McLux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. As for the swivel button, I have no plans to use it since the clip is good enough for me. Man, I hope nothing but the best for you.

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, this was something I was very proud to carry. I keep checking my hip for it..... I think the swivel is still the way to go-- just need to lock that screw.

it is my fault and not the button. I am editing my first post....

yclo

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
You must get this. It is a great accessory and is well worth the paltry sum. Plus you get to be *Just Like Don*...

You have MR Bulk's word on it (the bein' just like Don part, that is...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are speedo's included too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash,

Sorry to hear about that.

I would highly recommend using loctite to lock the threads in and use something to tighten the brass button down good.

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Flash,

I'm real sorry to hear of your loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I assume that the tab was still in the belt clip? On the McLux, I have found that I can get a good tight mount by gripping the tab with some smooth jaw pliers and tightening it against the tail guard. The flat head screw doesn't turn as it gets sucked into the hole of the guard. I do use the red Loc-Tite.

Flash,

If you want to replace the lost McLux, send me an E-mail as I can probably build you another black one. I don't have any 1x123 black paks but can cut and re-thread a longer one if necessary (PITA). I do have a couple black heads. Perhaps we could put a R2H HD in it.

If anyone has a black 1x123 they could offer up, that would be great.

- Don

Shark

Enlightened
Don as always your a true gentleman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
What a nice thing to do.

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
Don and Carpe Diem,
You guys are top notch! Thank you all for your help!

Yes, the brass tab was still in the clip. I had tightened it down with a #1 Phillips and the countersunk flathead had a bite into the hole. Evidently not enough... needed Locktite !
Emails sent to the both of you.

FlashGordon

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

They came in end of last week. Wayne picked some up yesterday so they should be on his site soon. You can see one on the L4 at the bottom of this photo:

production-tabs.jpg

I added some installation notes/ comments towards the bottom of the page HERE .

- Don

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks Don. How is this particular mount obtained on the E2E? It looks like one would have to drill a hole in the clip. That should be simple enough. Is that a standard part holding the button or something custom?

Arc-E2E.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

Yes, you drill the clip with a hole large enough for the #6 screw to pass through. I used a set screw that I threaded into the #6 nut inside the clip fold. I then screwed the tab onto the set screw. This one is a definite candidate for loc-tite.

- Don

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

What is that tailcap you have on the silver PM6? Very interesting! It looks like a tail-standing clickie. I assume the bulges are just to provide enough mass to screw the tab into?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tylerdurden,

Right on all accounts! It uses the rubber tail switch boot from the stock tail switch.

candle-mode.jpg

More info HERE .

- Don