An iron-clad excuse for new lights!

Buck

Newly Enlightened
Want to insure that your girlfriend/wife/mom* is actually happy to see a suspicious little package in the mail for you? While waiting for it to get dark enough to go white wall hunting or light up the neighbor's treetops, put it to a practical test and go after those dust-coated spiderwebs dangling along the corners of your ceiling! :tinfoil:

Sorry about the bad white balance, but here's part of my latest haul from Shiningbeam, taped to an old broom:

Notice how the shadows of the cobwebs stand out just above the hotspots? Just the thing to let you zero in on those messes and wipe them out. Of course, you'll be needing to do a few comparisons: Is it better to use a floody light and mount it near the brush, or a thrower and put it back up the handle? What tint bin shows up the dirt best? Is a small light with better broom balance and dexterity good, or do you need a bigger cell for more runtime? The opportunities for experimentation are limited only by your Paypal budget! :broke:

Bored with an old 18650 Q2 light? The hotwire lamp in your vacuum cleaner's headlight probably burned out by now (and if not, don't get caught when you pull it out to give it a violent shaking :devil:), so strap that baby onto the handle with enough tape that it's inconvenient to unmount it, and, after you finish vacuuming the room, go order yourself something new and interesting. You deserve it, right? After all, you donated your last light to the cause of housekeeping, and you need another one to check behind the refrigerator.

Please don't extend this logic to weapons lights! Shooting rats indoors with anything bigger than a .22 short is not going to end well.

*I regret if anyone is offended by the sexist/heterosexist assumption that all CPFers are straight males, but that seems to be the way to bet. My sincere apologies to both of the women who have ever read this forum. :D

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool tints highlight dust much more than warm tints. And only the world's coolest women would be here anyway, and for them, excuses are not needed for new lights. Stick with one of them and you won't need to come up with such strange ideas.

Last edited:

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
*I regret if anyone is offended by the sexist/heterosexist assumption that all CPFers are straight males, but that seems to be the way to bet. My sincere apologies to both of the women who have ever read this forum. :D

Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see them?

sabre7

Enlightened
Unfortunately I know how opening that can of worms works:

"Yes that flashlight you blew $50 on is great for cobwebs and dust behind the refrigerator! My, it works well on the vacuum cleaner too! Now how about the dust under the bed, and while you are at it, theres the garage that needs cleaning, the attic, the closets, behind the cabinets, now about the yard and gutters and... and... and..." :nana:

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spot on Sabre.... In my case I shined my M@G 2D mod through the window walls. Wife said, OMG! look how streaky & smeary they look! Clean ALL the windows tomorrow, and we'll check them again w/ your crazy flashlight!!! :drool: