Running two lights side by side

LeifUK

Enlightened
Are there any reasonably priced solutions for running two lights side by side. I'm think of a simple spacer with some elasticated straps. This would allow me to carry two lights and get more output and security (one gives out, t'other still runs). The spacer is important as I don't want the torches to bank against each other and scratch up. The lights I am thinking of are the Fenix L2D class ~ 2cm across. Thinking about it a little suggests that a wooden block with a V on opposite sides and an elastic strap would do the job. Oh yes, the twin light would be carried in one hand.

LeifUK

Enlightened
You can also buy a fenix headband that carries both lights.

That's a good suggestion but unfortunately I don't like headbands. I find that the light is higher up, so you either aim it down to light the path in front of my feet, and loose reach or aim it ahead, and loose the path in front of my feet. And I don't like the beam extending from my head.

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Can I suggest something very off-the-wall?

Two of these...
http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/P/108640/SKYTRONIC+MICROPHONE+CLIP+HOLDERS+188.142

You would then need a short length of 3/8" thread (I suggest buying a bolt from a DIY shop and chopping the head off) and you can fix the two together. You would then have a bar in the middle to hold, and your lights gripped at each end. The rubber types I have been using with my Sure SM57 mics for years and they've never scratched the finish - I would imagine it would be the same for your torches..

LeifUK

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions.

Not sure about being able to link to sales sites but i think this might be what you're looking for, if you don't mind the wait

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000

I've never really thought about running two lights side by side... but i've used these for helmet lights...

- Dan

Thanks. That looks perfect and cheap as chips too. I think I'll order two.