RA Clicky clip

coldshot

Newly Enlightened
Just got my new RA Executive 140 clicky. This light is awesome! The only downside is the pocket clip. It's a pig. I've searched the forum and tried to find someone who is making aftermarket clips with no luck. Anybody know of a source?

Thanks, Cold

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I see you've already been to wvaltakis2's thread. I also ordered one a few weeks ago. :shrug:

I'd really like to find a source too, or a nice, simple mod. I stopped carrying my 120 because that big, shiny clip kept catching and banging into things. Not to mention the reflections off of it can be as blinding as the light itself.

Well, at least my cat enjoyed chasing the reflections around the room when I did carry it. :D

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I have been one of defenders of the stock Ra clip for some time now, but recent experience has me reconsidering. I like the stock unit for it's versatility -- it works on pants and it works on web gear as well. But . . .

I had been carrying my Ra 200-Cn most days (at least as a backup). One day, it got caught on something as I sat down and bent outward. I bent it back, but the radius of the bend was never as tight as it was originally. One day it got caught on some web gear I was carrying and I lost it without knowing it. Found it a couple of weeks later, thankfully. This clip is not so great for EDCing the flashlight.

I own a couple of wvaltakis2's clips and he will customize them to your needs. Lately, I've been waiting for him to respond to my post to get one for the 200. Just be patient, I guess. Also heard that an Arc4 clip will work, but they are hard to find. I have one, and I think it might work with a small amount of fitting. I don't know of any other options.

Now, when I want a Ra light on web gear, I've been using a molle pouch to hold it more securely. So, I guess I'm not the proponent of the stock unit that I used to be.