Reflections or is it glare about being a Flashaholic this past decade!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I can't believe it's 2010!

I became a full fledged Flashaholic this past decade. At the turn of the century I thought the AAA Minimag was the cat's meow. When the Twintask lights came out I was impressed but I told myself I will never pay $40 for a flashlight! My 1st LED was a Brinkman that had all the charm and look of an empty toilet paper roll. I was blown away by the runtime. Then I got a, what the heck were they called, Gerber bought them, a AA single celled light that could be used as a mace with the supplied neck lanyard. I thought battery rattle was normal.

Soon I got dial up internet at home and found "Flashlightreviews.com." Quickbeam I'm not worthy. I bought my 1st Arc AAA. The 1st of many Arcs. Then I found Surefire! My 1st SF is still my favorite, an E2D, "Xenon Warrior Princess!" She still guards my backpack. I noticed the link page on Flashlightreviews.com and found, drum roll please, CPF. Sasha, er Greta I'm not worthy! Here's were the stream of conscience-ness thingy kicks in or is it the beer?

Cat urine green is much better than blue!

I now have lights that throw farther than my eyes can see. Even if I can illuminate something at 100 meters I wouldn't know if it was coming to eat me or is a friend!

I try not to buy bleeding edge tech. The bleeding rear is much cheaper! You just have to be patient.

Xenon is still cool!!!

Throw is for show, flood is your friend.

I have too many lights yet I still buy them.

My wife is truely a magnificent woman, she just turns the other way when I get a Priority mail package.

Hiking is much better with a Saint in your pack and an Aeon in your pocket.

I love illuminating vicariously through you all!

The worst part about traveling is deciding what to take.

Twisty switches will never leave you in the dark.

I over pack camping.

I now lend my lights to those I deem worthy and not worry about character marks.

Shelf Queens and Supermodels, they will never be a part of my life.

Incan vs LED threads remind me of the 1st Miller Lite commercials.

May the next 10 years be BRIGHT!!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good stuff can identify with a lot of it. Quickbeam, wife turning the other way when I receive Priority box. I do know one light that goes with me anytime I pack is the Zebra 501, can't leave home without it.

I think I have to disagree about the throw is for show though. Have a happy new year.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am super glad I found this website a while back even though I don't consider myself a flashaholic as I only have 3 lights and none is a show-off light.

+1000 on the H501. Of the 3 lights I have, the most floody the Zebralight H501 is the most used. I carry it everywhere even at home. Since I have found other ways to use this light without the headband, it has replaced my bathroom light, kitchen light and desk lamp. Plus it's so small I even have it on me when I go to sleep.

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
I am not a full blown Flashoholic yet..but I am working on it! Nice posts.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just used the H501 as headlamp for about an hour sewing a second pocket to a T-shirt. I am getting ready to start another session to make a small case for my pepper spray/H501/Leatherman Juice S2. Already made two.

Anyway, now that I have all the lights I need, I can afford to be very picky about which lights to buy in 2010.

Latest posts