bring on the darkness

WebWalker

Banned
Happy New Year.
I've been here reading for months. What an excellent forum!
So Santa brought me my first high performance flashlights. I'm playing with them indoors & now want to take them outside.

I know I have urban ambient light because of my location but want to be able to start to start to mentally calibrate 'darkness'. I want a clear night with no moon to start my backyard experiments.

After googling for a while I found this site - http://www.paulcarlisle.net/mooncalendar/
Just what I need. So 11th thru 18th looks ideal. Hope I don't annoy neighbours. :sssh:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello friend!

:welcome:

Firstly, I think your topic must be moved to General Discussion.
But leaving that aside, don't let us curious:
What is your light??? :poke: :D

If you are going to take some beamshots, i think the moon light won't interfere on this. Just pay attention on camera setup.

Regards
Dioni

WebWalker

Banned
Thanks for the welcome

Hi Dioni
I knew I needed to buy some to start to get a handle on all of the variables involved in this hobby. Sooo much to learn and study. I thought I'd approach in from the battery configuration first and try to understand the terminologies. I bought some ITP products.
AAA – A3 EOS - Mod
AA – ITP C7R
2 x CR123A – ITP C6T

Preliminary findings:
Great build and value.
I love the A3. It's now part of my EDC. (never realized the opportunities!)
The AA is a nice size. I see a few sprinkled around the house for power outages.
The C6 looks good for beside the front door for yard investigation and maybe one for the truck.

Generic, labeled cutaways of head & tail would be very helpful. Some manufacturer have one?
tia