Anybody use one of these.....

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/tools/trekker.html

.... for 123 storage? Really sweet, but that price tag is brutal!
shocked.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummmm, let's see. $40 towards a really cool and useful new flashlight, or towards a short length of stainless steel tubing. Doh.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I introduced this product to this board last year. I was looking for something that can readily and handily carry 2 CR123 lithium batteries. The cannister had to be hightly water resistant, VERY robust and durable, and pocketable. I had tried just about every method whay I discovered this product. I still carry it with me daily.

My flashlight usage has diminished considerably just recently but I still carry it along with a ASP Taclite and Inova X5.

Forty dollars towards something that I KNOW is dependable is cheap "insurance." Don't buy it for the "toy factor:" it is more than that. It can be a life saver if you happen to be in a certain occupation.

Forty dollars towards a flashlight is often seen by the uninitiated as excessive. If you need a light as something that can help you out of a "sticky" situation, you won't hesitate to spend that amount plus more.

Once you get past the point of spending for the light, the prudent thing to do next is consider what to carry the batteries in. Forty dollars for the Trekker is nothing when compared to the benefit.

If you do not see the benefit at that point, then you do not need it. Spend the $40.00 elsewhere because that short stainless tube will be useless to you.

Spidey82

Enlightened
Forty dollars towards something that I KNOW is dependable is cheap "insurance."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">add another $10 for an MN03 and another couple of dollars more for 2 SF123 and another couple of dollars for a steal clip = E2
winkie.GIF

Saaby

Flashaholic
Aern't steal clips free?
winkie.GIF

(Sorry sorry sorry--couldn't help myself)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...add another $10 for an MN03 and another couple of dollars more for 2 SF123 and another couple of dollars for a steal clip = E2"

You are making progress towards
Originally posted by...well, ...me!:
winky.gif

"...past [that] point..."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keep going.