EX10 SP no longer saving mode

Kookz

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but did my best to search past threads. I found plenty of issues with the contact ring on the EX10, but I couldn't find anything that matches the problem I'm having.

I got my EX10 about a week ago from 4Sevens, and immediately fell in love with it. It seemed well built, was twice as bright as I expected, and fit my pocket great.

However, now that I've had it for a week, it's no longer saving my last setting. If I turn it off on high, the next time I switch it on, it will be on low. This is frustrating as it means having to hold the piston for about a second every time I want to have useable light. Also, if I turn it off while at the medium brightness setting, I can't get it to turn back on in anything but SOS mode.

It seems like something is fried inside, but I'm new to this flashlight game. No water, no drops, just simple carrying around in my pocket. Any advice? Unfortunately I'm in Saudi Arabia so it's not so simple to get a replacement from 4Sevens.

Thanks!

jslappa

Enlightened
Have you tried different fully-charged batteries to see if you get your saved settings back? Some times it helps to first eliminate the things that you don't believe are the root cause first. Use the scientific method to replicate the problem. Keep us informed. We love to help AND enable. It's a sick paradigm shift you'll get used to.