What can you guys tell me about the D3??

Jason Burns

Newly Enlightened
I found the D3 on a good sale but cannot find any info on it here. Does anyone have one that you would care to comment on??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Screehopper

Enlightened
From what I read in the past the D3 is basically a 9P, but with the addition of a clip.

Joey

interpol

Newly Enlightened
Apparently it's a discontinued model, but it looks and most likely performs just as well as SureFire's current models. I too was considering the D3 (and I think I have an idea which sale you're talking about), but ended up buying a C3 Centurion HA instead, for just a few dollars more (see Cheers n' Jeers).

If your heart is set on the D3, go for it. It uses the same lamp assembly as SureFire's current 3-cell flashlights so you're not buying into obsolete technology at all.

Ross

Enlightened
I have a D3, it is being discontinued but it wont be obsolete. It is a 3 cell light just like the C3, Z3, 9P etc, it has a pocket clip and uses the normal 3 cell LA's.
I like it alot, take it to work all the time.
To be honest though, I prefer the feel of the 2 cell SF's but I still use my D3.

Ross

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
Jason;

I have a D-3, but it's called a "Guardian" and not "Defender." I believe this is a transition model; the only difference between the Guardian and Defender, is the Guardian has the older "round" bezel instead of the hex-type. It's the only one I've seen. I like it alot.

Mike