Look what I found! SL-35x

kccustom

Newly Enlightened
Went digging for old flash lights and dug this out of a bunch of stuff that had been sitting around for what seems 20 years, if I remember correctly my mom gave it to me (said she got it from a policeman friend).

I guess I have had flashaholic tendencies for a long time and finding this forum kicked it into over drive, I sure am not looking to hop on the wagon any time soon!

Of course I took a few pics.

sl35x1.jpg

sl35x2.jpg

sl35x3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

swampgator

Enlightened
I've got an older model 35 that someone put akalines in at one point. Of course they leaked. I can't manage to get the last of them out, so the light is just sitting around as a historical curio.

Yours looks very nice. Congrats on the find.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Nice find. Good big flashlight with a great strong hard glass lamp. Awhile back I was told by a Streamlight dealer/warranty store owner that the SLx LA lamps hold up much better to shock than the more fragile Xenon Stinger HP Ultra lamps.

Bill

N10

Newly Enlightened
looks new to me...how long is that thing?...nice find though

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Takes 5 full size D cells, NiCds, in a pack, or run it with NiMh loose cells.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
If you are going to be charging it up make sure that you leave it on for about 24 hours or so. Cells will be pretty depleated over time, and will need a good long charge to bring them back up.

Bill

kccustom

Newly Enlightened
If you are going to be charging it up make sure that you leave it on for about 24 hours or so. Cells will be pretty depleated over time, and will need a good long charge to bring them back up.

Bill
Glad you said that, I put it on the charger before I went and did a 16 hr shift and forgot to take it off after I came home and went to bed. I thought I left it on to long!

Had it out tonight in the snow, I can see why the police loved this light.