Long story short: Happy with my Arc-AAA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGoodman

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have to agree with one poster on this forum who said that this forum is addictive. I never thought much about flashlights until my best friend showed me one of these keyring lights. He got one from abroad (switzerland) and could hardly turn it on because the switch was a pain. You had to press it as hard as you could with your thumb and if you were lucky, it would turn on until you'd give up before your thumb falls off (interesting power saving strategy). More a women's thing with a switch made for long nails. I found it kind of interesting and after doing the 'google' for several days I knew there could only be one. Arc-AAA and nothing else. Next time I meet my friend, I'll bring a bowl filled with water and then I'll challenge him to a little wet light contest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll be going to the philippines soon and I thought an AAA could also make a nice gift so I ordered a regular one and one LE. They are not as cheap here in germany as they are in the states at the moment but anyway, they're worth it. Recieved them today and had to try them both of course. First thought was, they ARE small. I mean, I've seen pictures but still I thought they were bigger. I did what everybody would do, I turned them both on and compared the beam and the light. The standard one looked brighter, though more blueish than the LE which was to be expected. I was impressed right away. After doing the water test the LE went to my keyring right away. It's still a little hard to give the standard one away but I just love to give presents which I would like to have myself so it's perfect for that.

I'm really happy with my first Arc. Who knows if i can really wait for a LS-4... And thanks to flashlight craziness caused by the forum and the time I spent reading through reviews of flashlights an Inova 24/7 and a Nightstar2 is on it's way. But I'm very sure that this wasn't my last Arc light. Thanks for a great product, Mr. Gransee!

Greetings
JGoodman

Frangible

Enlightened
Very happy with mine as well. Just ordered 3 for gifts as well, everyone who's seen it is impressed.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

i like mine very much also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
me too. It is a very nice light.
Oh, Welcome Jgoodman and Frangible to CPF. Watch over your wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JGoodman, if you unable to wait for the LS4, why don't take a look over at Arc LSH or Arc LSL. these two are at least as nice as the smaller light counterpart, ARC AAA.

notamchris

Newly Enlightened
Me too... Unfortunately, my cousin lost it. It was an LE as well... Oh well, one is now on order just in case that the LE is never found.

gyverpete

Enlightened
JGoodman, Excellent choice. Sounds like your as impressed as I am with mine!

Arc-AAA. My #1 light. Never without it. Very impressed with this small, awesome light. Bombproof, Waterproof and Darkproof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Serves 90% of my needs.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Arc-LS w/twisty. A close second place. Dazzling white bright light in a small bombproof package. Also Darkproof!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Cheers to Peter and Arc for these two lights!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
gyverpete, I think you forgot that the LS also waterproof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
shiftd, I have an older hybrid unit which wasn't rated very waterproof. But you're right, the newer ones are. I'm waiting for the LS4 to upgrade.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I am sorry. I thought all Arcs are rated as waterproof. Yup, LS4 will be a great leap, a big upgrade.

A

an000

I just got my first ARC-AAAs and LSH-S from Peter as well, I am so impressed, both with the lights and service.

I ordered the LSH first and forgot all about the AAA. Remembered at the last minute but already got tracking number, sent Peter an email as a desperate attempt to add the AAA in the shipment, straight away got an email from Merri confirming the two extra Arc-AAA added to the order! (She had to rip open the packing to add the AAAs in). The lights arrived even before my previous batch of Arc AAA ordered from an Arc reseller.

Thanks Peter & Merri.

About being addictive, I can relate to that. I have one miniMag for 11 years, then I thought about replacing the light, found this forum, and in the last ten days have
bought one L4, one LSH-S, four Arc-AAA, plus another three Arc-AAA for people at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am taking the advice to watch over my wallet very seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JGoodman said:
I'll be going to the philippines soon and I thought an AAA could also make a nice gift so I ordered a regular one and one LE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, am I the recipient of that gift?

JGoodman

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JGoodman said:
I'll be going to the philippines soon and I thought an AAA could also make a nice gift so I ordered a regular one and one LE.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
rajanf1 said:
Hey, am I the recipient of that gift?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi rajanf1,

my girlfriend's dad gets the nightstar because he likes gadgets (is the nightstar more than that? can't tell... don't have it yet) and I'm sure someone else in the family will grab the Arc-AAA as soon as they have seen it in action.

Talking about the Philippines and thinking about what just happened last thursday I should bring as many lights as I can fit in my case... An uncle of my gf was run over by a motorbike at night (bike didn't have a light). Her uncle died the next day. Maybe if he would have used a flashlight while walking, he might still be alive because the driver could have noticed him.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder why most people (I'm beginning to count myself in) in this forum are crazy about flashlights. But having one with you all the time, even a small one, could make a difference sometimes.

Greetings
JGoodman

Status
Not open for further replies.