LED for Surefire M910A?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
koala produced some LED towers a while back that would fit your stock M910A head, but they are long gone.

Probably your current options are 1) to get a complete LED TurboHead such as the Lumens Factory Seraph P7 product or goinggear.com's MC-E head for the SureFire M series, or 2) get a SureFire KT4 TurboHead and wait for Netkidz to build some new LED towers (or build your own from a Netkidz or AW tower kit).

houtex

Enlightened
Thanks guys. Seems like the tower would be easier but since it is not available, I'll try the LF D36.

THe m910a is not mine,it belongs to an officer friend. He wants more light and more runtime and is sick of changing batteries alot.

Team Member

Enlightened
You could buy a KL5 head and take off the collar(or whatever it´s named...) that´s in the lower part of the head. Then it will fit the M-series.

Then you will get a good portion of light and a decent runtime. And yes, the KL5 works with 9V. I have 3 KL5 and atleast 1 is mounted on a C3 body and works perfect.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have a M910a weaponlight. But from what I've gathered, it uses a D36 sized drop-in. Check out Wolf-Eyes and LumensFactory D36 LED dropins. They fit the standard M3 bezel, which is what is attached to the M910a.

I don't think that these are straightforward drop-ins. The M910a head has a built-in reflector that is designed to accept a tower-style lamp. The head isn't empty like your usual Z44 bezel that comes with a SureFire 6P. You'd have to take apart the head to remove the reflector, as shown in the nailbender sales thread (first link in post #5 above). Or buy nailbender's Chinese clone head with the nailbender D36 installed (another $50). At that price point ($35-$75 for the D36 drop-in, plus $50 to install in the Chinese clone head), I'd probably just get the LF Seraph P7 TurboHead.

The Lumens Factory D36 LED (or nailbender D36) drop-in might still be a candidate if the OP is willing to modify the M910A head himself. Then the total cost is just the $34 for the LF D36 LED or $35-$75 for the nailbender drop-in.

Last edited: