Serial #'s on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Wayne_

Newly Enlightened
Serial #\'s on the side?

Looking through the LS Roll Call thread, I notice people listing models and apparently serial#'s. Is the number on the side a serial number?

For example, I just got an LS a couple of days ago that has

LSH-S 686

on the side. Is the 686 a serial number? (Looks a little too nice for that, to be honest.)

Also, I've seen mention of LSH-ST (I guess as in "STandard") but mine says "S". Have the model names changed over time or do people just refer to them differently?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Serial #\'s on the side?

Yes and yes. It is a serial #, but it has no relation as to when that model was made. Peter explained that the bodies are made and engraved and thrown into a bin. During production, a body is randomly pulled and the light is completed. So # 127 was not necessarily made before # 251.
ARC does keep track of the #s internally when they are made.

The ST and S are the same - standard. P is a Premium.

_Wayne_

Newly Enlightened
Cool...

I hadn't even thought of it as a serial number at first since it's printed so nicely. I'm used to engraved serial numbers looking, um, stamped and not nice.

On a side note, I've bought 12 AAA's so far and have:

* One for me.
* Gave away 5 as presents.
* Sold (at cost) 3 to coworkers (techie, lighting/stage folks)
* Holding 3 more for other coworkers (computer geeks) for use on a trip we're taking in August.

I like the natural finish AAA's better than the black finish. I may swap my black one for a natural finish. Wish the LS was natural finish as well, but the green finish is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.