my new purchases

jimnolimit

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone , im new to CPF , but not to forums , i write as jimnolimit in multiple auto and knife forums .

i did some homework before i joined because i needed new flashlights. my "good" flashlight i had before was a green river model with 120 lumens (not sure which) . it worked pretty good but i left it at my old house (after i sold it) and i wasn't going to ask for it back .

all the new toys i purchased were from batteryjuction.com and im satisfied with everything , i will definitely order from them again .

i had an old mini maglite that i found packed with my stuff but it was not powerful or efficient so i decided to get a nit-ize LED conversion kit , the cheap one with a simple back switch . i didn't want to spend too much money upgrading that light because i knew for a little more money i could get much better , just breath a little new life into it . the nit-ize kit is a little brighter than the original setup which was probably 7+ years old on it's second bulb .

i then needed a main powerful flashlight , but compact , so i got a ITP C8R . i am very pleased with the quality and power of this light . the light pattern is very good , with a solid hot spot and consistent color . i also like the fact that the bodies are interchangeable .

i then needed a small key chain light , so i decided on a streamlight nano . this light is small (i wish i had this light to hold in my teeth when i use to work under my car) . the nano is more powerful than my mini maglite , both before and after the LED retrofit .

i also received a free (generic?) key chain light (the blue one) , it says titanium on the back side (maybe the battery company?) . it's not bad for a key chain light and it works on/off so you don't have to keep it pressed to keep it on .

here is a pic of the lights :

IMG_0543.jpg

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi and :welcome:

There are loads of flashlights out there to look at, if you get into this, the sky is really the limit when it comes to purchasing lights. A few brands that i own and like (among the many many manufacturers and models out there) which you may wish to look at

Fenix (i usually head over to www.4sevens.com for these, use "CPF8" for a discount)

Jetbeam (i have a local supplier in Singapore but ww.bugoutgear.com appears to be very popular for Jetbeam Lights)

Romisen (for lower end lights, loaners and lights that i just leave around the place, i go to www.shiningbeam.com, use "CPFuser" for a discount)

Nice lights you have there too, good for an initial purchase, there will be more to come i am sure (check out the forums for AAA keychain lights or even smaller specialty lights).

jimnolimit

Newly Enlightened
thanks .

i have a question as i am new to this : i plan on using eneloop's in my ITP C8R (and the rest of my electronics) , will this change the output any ? i am currently running the light on 2 cheap panasonic alkaline batteries until the eneloop's come .

Last edited: