Car Flashlight

Skyeye

Enlightened
I just bought a flashlight with a car hung on it!

The Jeep Compass, a small SUV, has a feature I have never seen on domestic cars ever. It has a built in,self charging, dual beam LED flashlight with hi/lo power built in to the overhead area of the rear lift gate.

The actual flashlight is part of the ceiling light and you just press the light housing body and it comes out in your hand. I think this is a very novel idea! The plus is it is actually a very good light! If you lose it you can go to the any Jeep dealer and get another one. The flashlight is just inside the rear hatch forward of the black spoiler.
sized_P1050005.jpg

Some Jeep design engineer must have been a Flashaholic!:)

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
I see you included a picture of the holster, but what about the light?

Also, with almost 200 posts, you should know by now: we need BEAMSHOTS!

;) :devil: :laughing:

sed6

Enlightened
Beamshots, runtime graphs?

Got any beamshots or runtime graphs? I'm not shelling out $20,000 for a flashlight until I see a good review! ;)

jk037

Newly Enlightened
High-end BMWs used to have a self-charging torch in the glovebox; last year I had a 1993 740i for a few months (impulse-bought ebay bargain!) which mentioned this in the handbook.

Sadly, as it was an old car that had been through 11 different owners, the actual torch was long gone.

(Of course, back in 1993 LED torches were a pipedream; the BMW torch would have been an incandescent one)

u238

Newly Enlightened
It's a nice thought to include a car with your flashlight purchase...