Please Illuminate Me?

lenny

Newly Enlightened
I was just browsing the Surefire site and came across this:
http://www.surefire.com/The-T1A-Titan
$239!!!
Back in Dec, I received my 4 Sevens Mini Quark 123 which I absolutely love! It cost around $200 less than the T1A.
Plus, the Mini Quark puts out roughly twice the Lumens of the Surefire.
What am I missing here? :thinking:
Not trying to start a war or anything, just looking for a decent explanation.
Thanks all,
Lenny

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Decent explanations can be had by reading one of the various previous threads started on this topic. A list of these can be found by typing in a valid search term into the empty white box at the top of this page and hitting the button labeled 'Google Search'.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Wow, is surefire that valuable as compared to quality lights from other manufacturers? Maybe I need to 'Google Search'. :shrug:

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
I'll tell you why I am now getting hooked on Surefire .

I have had a few lights . Mostly the Made in China variety . Many were/are good lights. One especially comes to mind , Jetbeam, the Military 1x18650 model to be exact. Jetbeam does a nice job on their lights and the military is to me of Surefire levels in quality.

But the Surefire lights on whole just have a level of fit and finish that exudes that classic concept of real Made in America quality. From the machining to the annodizing to the Pyrex window. I'm by no means saying everything Made in America is high quality but when we get something right, a particular car,gun,knife,appliance boy do we get it right and the world recognizes this. Its that way with Surefire lights. Plus they are regarded by military/police the world over as THE best lighting tools made and those poeple need tools that are bomb proof , literally

Speaking for myself only , I am really getting into making every effort to spend my money on American made products IF they are good ones.

Plus, I have had a few problems with switch reliability on clickys on some lights. The SF Z41 to me is the ultimate in reliability. You get momentary operation and constant on with a quick 2 finger twist . There is virtually nothing that can break in that mechanism I am aware of. Maybe others can prove that wrong?

Is that light you mention worth it? Purely subjective , but I know they sold like hotcakes and people still love them, kinda like all the amazing classic American cars that sell for over $100,000 at auction these days. Not that SF is an outdated product by any means.

I see myself getting stuck on SF for the forseeable future and that doesnt seem llike a bad route to me :naughty: Get one, not just a Nitrolon either:devil: and you will see. If you dont you wont have any problem reselling it on the Marketplace here