Ordered TK11 R2, but received TK11, should I care?

XD40

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a TK11 R2 from Amazon (they were doing the fulfillment for some other company).

But after checking the stickers on the box, it seems to be the TK11. (all stickers reference 225 max lumens)

Other than the 225 lumens vs. 240 lumens difference, which isn't a huge deal for me, is there anything else different?

I did notice that it has a smooth reflector instead of an OP reflector. That isn't a big deal for me either.

If those are the only differences, I guess I don't care, unless there is a significant price difference.

Annoying though...

Last edited:

davidt

Enlightened
I believe there is one difference between the TK11 vs TK11 R2 version beside the lumen difference. The R2 version is regulated on a 18650 battery while the non R2 version is not. I may be wrong so don't take my word for it.

Before you go through the trouble of returning the light, go to this link http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/snen.asp
You can type in the serial number on your light and see is you have the R2 led. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

XD40

Newly Enlightened
Send it back and buy from one of CPF's reputable dealers next time!

:thumbsup:

Ya, I hear you!

Amazon customer service is great. It's the first time I've ever had to return anything from them, and it was quick and easy. I had to do it over the telephone for this purchase, but the woman e-mailed me a UPS return label and pre-filled RMA form and I just have to drop it off at a UPS Store.

I was worried about having to pay return shipping, which I hate to do. But this made it easy.

I will pay the few extra dollars and buy from a CPF dealer / sponsor this time!

Thanks all!

Latest posts