JETBEAM JET-iii pro st bvc runtime and heat range

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

I am new to this forum, I am thinking of buying a JETBEAM JET-iii pro st bvc as a cycle light for handle bar and possible helmet mounting for night riding.
Got a couple of questions.
How long does JET-iii pro st bvc runs for on 2400mah 18650 battery?:sssh:
Various website quote from about 2 to 3h, could anyone confirm?

Next question is how hot does the flashlight gets on full power on a continous 2h+ use? Are you likely to do any damage to the LED, they would be kind of cooling as you would not be stationnary, but it would have to be ok also on a hot summer night:devil:!

Are any of you using one for cycling?? or are using one for extented time ie 2H +??

Thanks in advance.

SKYRAIDER59
Zebra H60, H50; Nitecore D10, EZ-AA; Fenix L2D; Jetbeam CL2 V2; Ultrafire C3Q5,A10; Tank007 EO7, E06, M20mag; Solarforce L2GS R2; Dereelight CL1H V3.0 Q5 3SD

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Here is a couple reviews by Selfbuilt notice one is of the Jet-III M but I do believe it has the same electronic guts as the Jet III Pro St BVC, someone please correct me if I am wrong. Also it seems the 18650 only Jet III Pro is better regulated on 18650 then the BVC version. So if you plan on using 18650 the 18650 only model may be the way to go.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/208280

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

Hi
Thanks a lot for helping, I have read the two reviews but, but I am having problems taking it all in.
help.gif

In "lemon terms", am I right thinking?? that
from the JET III PRO ST on a 18650, I will get 225 lumens (or more???)but a shorter battery run time, but the output will be constant untill the light will turn off without giving me any warning signs (from the run chart, this light appear to have a short battery life , ie 1.5h on full power, am I misreading something??)
thinking.gif

and for the JET III PRO ST BVC on a 18650, I wil get 225 lumens (or may be less???), but the output will gradually decrease, giving me warning, with peaking down at around 3h, (ie would get around 3h+ at 200+ lumens)

Am I correctect in my understanding?
Regarding heat could someone confirm how hot this get on a continous 2h run, and could I DO some damage the led, by running it on full power for that lenght of time?

Thanks again for taking the time to help and sorry for maybe being a bit "dim"
shrug.gif

Best regards from Snowy England
SKYRAIDER59:wave:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my 18650 only it turns off without any warning but the output is steady, if there is any decrease in output before the battery drains I cannot see it in real world use. Battery life can depend on what brand battery you are using but around 1.5hr is what I was getting.

I have not run a 18650 in my BVC but you can depend on selfbuilt's runtime charts to be accurate. Seems like you have a good grasp on it now you just have to decide if you can't choose one do the CPF motto and get both.

As for heat I have never run mine no longer than 15 minutes or so on high sorry. Good luck Skyraider sorry I couldn't be a bigger help

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for helping, much appreciated, I will post a feed back if and when i get a PRO ST BVC, but before I do so I would like to speak to people who have used them on 18650 in the field, concerned a little about heat possible problems on long run, this is for cycling, im am using the Solarforce L2GS R2; or Dereelight CL1H V3.0 Q5 3SD for the moment and I get 2h+, but would like something smaller and more streamline, hence the Jetbeam III PRO ST series.

Best
SKYRAIDER59