Well my flashlight is stolen :(

Jager

Newly Enlightened
Last I remember seeing it was when my car went in for body work. I looked everywhere but I cannot find my Olight M20 warrior that I kept in my car. It was the only flashlight I owned so I need something else. I havent been on the forums for a while but anything knew that can compensate in LUME and BATTERY LIFE? I bought the M20 because I was blown away that it was 250lumens @ max power for 4 hours. Ya, I'm sure that was over-rated but I bought it for that reason. What else is out there now? Need the void filled :mecry:

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Switch that around to a smiley face, you now have an excuse to buy another without incurring the wrath of your wife and various other members of your family :welcome:

Anyway, I'm going to recommend what I'd recommend to anyone asking a similar question: A L2p body ($35 shipped from http://u.nu/99bg4) with either a XP-G dropin ($45 shipped from http://u.nu/2abg4) for 320 actual OTF lummens with 2 hour runtime, or a 3 mode 2.5A SST-50 GJ dropin ($75 shipped from http://u.nu/6pk74) for 470\141\19 actual OTF lummens with 1\3.5\32 hour runtime. Your call :)

Amazing build quality + HAIII coating in a durable, good looking flashlight that outshines any stock light for the price range. You can't go wrong with it for the 1x18650 size :thumbsup:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Josh ^ ;) Time to buy another light! That's what I did with that one that I lost/got stolen. I hear that the M21 is nice for this time of year! :D

joshconsulting

Enlightened
The M21 is quite nice as well. The SST-50 in the L2p has a smaller head\reflector, and therefore midrange throw; the M21 is designed for a tighter hotspot, and is better for long distances although it has somewhat lower overall light output due to lower current draw and the OP reflector (which, if the SST-50 is properly positioned, isn't really needed - my SMO SST-50 has a nearly perfect beam).

KarstGhost

Enlightened
I'm sorry, that's a bummer. The punk who stole it probably will not want to shell out the extra cash for lithium batteries though and probably not get much enjoyment out of it!

I have the M30 and really like it. Or you could hold out and use this as an excuse to get their SR90 that's coming out soon! :grin2:

strinq

Enlightened
I hate thieves...seems that flashlight thievery is actually pretty rampant. Have heard from other flashaholics about their lights being stolen.

Anyways the suggestions above are good ones. I'd go for the M30 though. :D

Import Junky

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I had my LD20 At work as a backup light in my duty bag. At the End of the night it and its holster were gone...... depressing..

So yesterday I ordered.....

LD20 W/clip
TK11
TK30
And PD30 R4

I got a good deal on them all!:twothumbs

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I had my LD20 At work as a backup light in my duty bag. At the End of the night it and its holster were gone...... depressing..

LD20 W/clip
TK11
TK30
And PD30 R4

Awaiting delivery huh well that should make for one fine day.

strinq

Enlightened

LD20 W/clip
TK11
TK30
And PD30 R4

Confirmed serious case of flashaholism...

Jager

Newly Enlightened
Hmm I think i narrowed it down between the M21 and the fenix TK40. I will have to sleep on it. I know its apples to oranges but I like both those lights :huh: anything similiar to those ?

If the runtimes on the M21 were better I'd go with that. I just like using 123's better than any othe battery, call me stubborn!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that is your preferred battery's then go with the M21, sometimes I tend to over think stuff and course myself into a wrong decision.

Jager

Newly Enlightened
Well I was just feeling frisky and picked up a fenix P20 as well, small + clicky = a must have for me. I'll grab that M21 in the new future!

Jager

Newly Enlightened
I am doubting the M21 now. I have reading that it isn't really noticeably brighter than the M20? I assume thats because it has more of a "flood" than a "throw" ... I have no reason for a "flood" light so I think I will pass. The extra 250lumens would have been awesome though.

What is the best throwing, highest lumen reasonably sized light out there?

How is the throw on the fenix tk40?

Jager

Newly Enlightened
I am having second thoughts about the Olight M21, I DONT want a flood light, I am reading that its "barely noticeable difference between the M20 and the M21 even with an extra 250lumens"

Guys, what is the best throwing, highest lumen light you can get that is about the size of the M20 warrior?

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Exactly *how much* throw do you want? A crazy bright, tiny hotsopt, no spill aspheric DEFT, or a midrange MC-E? Any guesses as to what lux?

stallion2

Enlightened
i'm a Dereelight fiend, my DBS V3 is my go to light, it has an MC-E. the output is not as high as my M30 but it becomes far more effective beyond 150'. it has the best balance of throw and flood of all my lights. best part is the versatility, you can always buy more pills/reflectors/CL1H head etc. and assemble whatever light you need most at that given moment.

or you could get another M20...i love that light, if mine were snatched i would definitely get the same thing.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm a Dereelight fiend, my DBS V3 is my go to light, it has an MC-E. the output is not as high as my M30 but it becomes far more effective beyond 150'. it has the best balance of throw and flood of all my lights.

Also a big Dereelight fan and loved the MC-E in my DBS until I swapped it for an SST-50 (Nailbender) 2.8A DD. Now I can use the SMO reflector for throw and have the MC-Es bright spill too. And a perfect beam w/no rings! Plus the DBS' bezel/head mass heatsinks the SST-50 much better than when I ran it in a P60/CL1Hv4. You really should try it...

Last edited: