Quark MiNi123 Ti NW: I have a sneaking suspicion...

Lost Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
...who snuck in the very first order.

How?

p605700294-4.jpg

p1072683702-4.jpg

Normally I don't care much about things like serial numbers, but I was pretty excited about this one. :grin2:

I guess it'll be my first "safe-queen".

Here it is with the original, which was "confiscated" by my wife for use as a dog-walking light.
p925951183-4.jpg

The fit and finish is excellent, and the NW has a very nice smooth beam, warmer and with a slightly smaller hotspot the the regular MiNi.

Had to share with y'all...please excuse the quality of the images and the fingerprints.

Rich

P.S. The first thing I did was order another so I have one to use. My package did include a free tube of DeoxIT BTW.

Thanks 4Sevens!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's the twist action? I know my illuminati can be a little harder to twist than my aluminum lights.

Lost Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
Very cool...What is deoxIT for?

It's a cleaner/lubricant.

How's the twist action? I know my illuminati can be a little harder to twist than my aluminum lights.

It's just the slightest bit "rougher" than the original. It's about the same as the original was when I first received it. I'm pretty sure it'll smooth out after I clean and lube the threads. They did come with some lube on it, but I don't know what kind.

There's been some talk about having some play in the threading, and my original is a little bit loose, though I don't think enough to be an issue. The Ti version has absolutely no free-play in the threading. I don't know if the tolerances are less because of the material. This is my first Ti light, so I have nothing to compare to.

Rich

jslappa

Enlightened
the tru flashaholic would start a serial# registry thread for the Ti, then track down the person who has #1 in the AA neutral, AA cool, and 123 (whichever you don't have), and buy them at any pricelovecpf

Lost Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
the tru flashaholic would start a serial# registry thread for the Ti, then track down the person who has #1 in the AA neutral, AA cool, and 123 (whichever you don't have), and buy them at any pricelovecpf

The sad thing is, I originally had one each of the Q5 and NW in my cart, but decided at the last second that I didn't need to order 2 new lights...I mighta had both #1's. :sigh:

Rich

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sad thing is, I originally had one each of the Q5 and NW in my cart, but decided at the last second that I didn't need to order 2 new lights...I mighta had both #1's. :sigh:

Rich
I am wondering if the 1000 produced includes all versions neutral cool and 123, AA? If that is the case don't feel bad.

I think this because looking at the registry thread there have been not duplicate numbers for 123 and AA so far. I guess 47's would have to chime in to clarify.