A little computer help

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
On the box at work, all the graemlins animate, and the posting panel works. Box at home (I built the damn thing, 1900+, water cooled, mostly SCSI...)they don't. Running IE6, 2000pro and default IE6 settings. How to fix?? (Hardware yes, software, code, and operating, I aint good for much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Dan,

I have active scripting enbled, allow paste enabled, and scripting of Java applets enabled. I am running behind ZoneAlarm Pro, and Norton AV, if that complicates things.

Larry

K A

Enlightened
Animated gif's can be halted. Is IE6 somehow stopping the animation? I know Opera has an option to turn the Animation on/off.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
oooo- went into ZoneAlarm Pro and dropped one setting a notch and everything's cool again! Thanks Dan and KA.

Larry

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problemo....you running ZoneAlarm 3.x? I was running 3.0 (free) and it gave me some access problems to some of the secured sites that I work with (I would get booted out), so I re-installed 2.61 (free). I'm going to try a demo version of 4.0 Pro, but I really should break down and buy a hardware firewall.

Later,
Dan

Tomas

Banned
Not that it's directly applicable because of a different OS, but I run behind a hardware firewall AND a software firewall without any problems I'm aware of. Even though most of the "stuff" out there isn't tailored to attack anything I have, it still make me feel better to protect my flanks.

T_sig6.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomas,

I like your sig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur"....."Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan