Getting ready to buy my first Jetbeam-III M

signal 13

Enlightened
My buddy's wife asked me to help her find a light for her husband for their anniversary. He is also an officer and has always been true to his Streamlight. First thought was a bored 6P w/ a Malkoff M30, Pila IBC charger, AW 18650s...

But she wanted to keep it around $200. So then I thought about all the different places I'd have to order from, shipping time, shipping costs, etc.

So for the first time EVER I strayed from the Surefire path and thought I'd look at the Jetbeams. Found the Jetbeam-III M at bugoutgearusa and I must say I'm quite impressed with the light! Not to mention the one-stop-shop for the light, Pila IBC charger, and AW18650s!

So impressed with the light that I might get one for myself!

Of course I read as many posts/reviews as I could on the light. Anyone have any input as to how well it'll perform for duty use?

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
This is mine. It's my EDC for the moment. I really like the output and the fact that is as an infinite level of output (really easy to use). You won't be disappointed.

Here is a couple of pics with the crenulated bezel installed.

1zpr214.jpg

2mzdzwm.jpg

Last edited:

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
It's an o-ring I installed since the crenulated bezel could not screw all the way in the head. It doesn't bother me because I like the way it looks.

BolderDave

Newly Enlightened
I received my JetIII M about month ago (Pila IBC and
AW 18650's too). I love it. As a detective I haven't carried it in uniform
yet but wouldn't hesitate to. Within a couple of days a dozen of my coworkers
all wanted he light. My police dept. authorized the purchase and we ordered the lights, chargers and batteries for all. Of all the lights I own this is the most practicle - it's so well made with a great interface and beam profile.

Flavio at BugoutGear was great to work with.

signal 13

Enlightened
That's good to know!

Thanks!

I received my JetIII M about month ago (Pila IBC and
AW 18650's too). I love it. As a detective I haven't carried it in uniform
yet but wouldn't hesitate to. Within a couple of days a dozen of my coworkers
all wanted he light. My police dept. authorized the purchase and we ordered the lights, chargers and batteries for all. Of all the lights I own this is the most practicle - it's so well made with a great interface and beam profile.

Flavio at BugoutGear was great to work with.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine, and carry it every day. This thing is tough. I am definitely not afraid of it breaking. I have no doubt that it can stand up to every day duty use.

JET-lllMb.jpg

JET-lllMc.jpg

And if you are wondering what kind of abuse this light can take....Check this out.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also loved mine!

I had to sell it due to a need of slimming down my light collection... I will miss it however!

Great UI.

My M1X has replaced it :)

Techeon

Newly Enlightened
I also have the III-M but in warm tint and I'm very happy with it. It would be nice if it had a couple more programmable modes. To be honest, Jetbeam's (only have a few) are the only other brand I consider up there with Fenix (of which I have many).

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
I would put quality above Fenix on this light.

Approaching SF qulity IMHO

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
My favorite light. I like it so much I bought 2 of the Titanium versions also. :)

I also feel the the build quality of Jetbeam is the highest of the Chinese light makers and not far off of Surefire.

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
where did u get your o-ring from? is the light water proof like that?

I bought the O-ring from the supplier McMaster.com (part No:8333T132). It's made of Fluorosilicone. I also put an other o-ring between the lens and the bezel (part No:9262K625). This way, it's 100% waterproof.