Any AA bodies for D26 drop-ins ?

I have a C head FM 2xAA body and like really like it. Currently running a NAILBENDER D26/P60 XP-G low power drop in. Really good stuff. My question is:

Are there any AA bodies out there, other than FM's, that accept D26/P60 drop-ins ?

Thank you

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Well, the other day I did a runtime using my Malkoff M30 and two Eneloop AA's. The body was an Arc 2AA body connected to a Valiant Arc2E adapter which was hooked up to a Valiant Little Twisty head. I have run the M30 with a 6P head/body + A19 with a twist of heavy paper to hold the AA's securely. Also have run it using FM's 2X17500 body.

Bill

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
-Or use a pair of paper (or similar) wrapped AA's in a SureFire C3,9p, G3

Use this myself (G3) with a LF 3-mode dropin (low voltage version)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any 9P or G3 will do this nicely as already mentioned, and since you have that Nailbender low voltage drop-in you are good to go.

I have 2 Dereelight Javeling AA hosts and they rock....Very usefull little lights. I actually have been using my Javeling w/extention 3 NiMH AA cells and the Nailbender SST-50 2.5A variant. Actually, it runs warm at 5 minutes but I have 2 lower modes to let it cool.:cool:

A lot of choices that I never new about. Now I'm gonna half to buy more lights. Geez, my GF is gonna blow a gasket. Oh, uh, I forgot. I already ordered more flashlights. A new SolarForce 2xAA and a 3xAAA from SBFlashLights. Before this is all over I might need to get a 9P just for versatility purposes of course.

I'm not addicted to flashlights and can stop anytime I want. I've stopped dozens of times before.

:sssh:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the FiveMega 1AA, 2AA, and 3AA bodies, sold exclusively at lighthound.com. You'll need to add your own head (bezel).

My 3AA Javelin, Malkoff M30WF drop-in, and Eneloop cells are just about a perfect combination.

Vesper

Enlightened
There's also the FiveMega 1AA, 2AA, and 3AA bodies, sold exclusively at lighthound.com. You'll need to add your own head (bezel).

My 3AA Javelin, Malkoff M30WF drop-in, and Eneloop cells are just about a perfect combination.

Nice suggestions - thx. What kind of runtime do you think you get from the M30/3AA combo?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice suggestions - thx. What kind of runtime do you think you get from the M30/3AA combo?

AA Tenergy cells have 2600mAh capacity and 3 of them put out 4~4.2v. M30's pull 1~1.2A at the tail, so roughly 2~2.5 hours. Of course it will work for reduced output many hours after that, but I think you are asking about the 200 plus lumen runtime:whistle:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff M30 runtime on 3 AA Eneloops

I would say 45 minutes regulated, followed by another 90 minutes of increasingly dim output unregulated.It's hard to say; when testing, I allowed it to just run and run, growing dimmer and dimmer, forgetting that the NiMH cells won't "cut off" like protected lithium-ion cells.

My other D26 drop-in, a NailBender warm MC-E, is direct-drive. Because no voltage is wasted on the regulator, I think the NailBender stays brighter longer.

I believe that three AA Eneloops deliver little more than the voltage that the M30 requires to stay in regulation. That's one reason I've been hoping for a 4AA body; right now, the only way to build one is to use 18650-class tubes and surround the cells with something to keep them from rattling.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A standard ID SF 9P + 2X A14's would = 4X AA. Also, a 6P + A19 + 2X A14's. Roll up some heavy weight paper for centering AA's. Could use SolarForce body + extensions.

Bill

Latest posts