Quark tactical tailcap on regular AA2

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I couldn't find a thread devoted to this so I thought I'd write up what I did on a new thread.

I have a lovely Quark AA2 regular R2. I have a bit of difficulty getting my thumb into the recess of the tailcap to swtich the thing on so I thought I'd buy a tactical tailcap to try as it has a much more protruding button.

Obviously it wasn't going to make the torch work the way the Tactical UI does since that aspect's programmed into the head itself but having fitted the new tailcap, the mode of operation of my regular version has now changed a bit (I did know I was in for this since the website tells it).

I now get momentary on with push and hold whihc is a feature I really like and something I'm also looking forward to when my newly ordered Quark Turbo arrives (the waiting is painful).

All the original brightness modes are still there and the torch will still turn on first in moonlight with head loose, and in turbo with head tight.

The difference is that now when the torch is turned on, the brightness level cannot be changed by the usual half click but must instead be turned off and on.

Alternatively one can select the brightness using momentary mode with a series of half clicks before actually fully clicking the switch to on. That's how I've chosen to train myself to operate the torch and whilst it felt rather odd for the first few times I settled into it.

Time will tell whether I like it in the long run but for now it's worth it because my thumb gets a lot more control with the protruding nature of the tactical switch.

I love this ability to swap different Quark parts to make variations of the torches that are more "customized".