My RRT-0 arrived today...Major Problems!

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
RRT-0 arrived today at around noon! I could not have been more excited. I read that the place I bought it from had 2nd runs(lightjunction). And I just had such high hopes for this light...but its another failure.

First things first. I plug in a bran new SF123 lithium, screw it on and rotate to turbo. BAM blinding light perfect, no 90 second drain.

Then I start to fiddle with the light...I like the selector ring. Everything works great. Nice smooth run up and down in lumens. I immediately compared it to the closest light to me(quark 123-2 R5) and up close the quark was brighter but 10 or 15 feet away on the wall and the jetbeam looked brighter...nice hot spot to it. It immediately became my favorite light, just in looks feel function, just fell in love.
Then I got this punch to the chest.

Imagine this if you will.

Click...ON
Click...OFF
Click...ON
Click...OFF
Click...FLASH/OFF
Click...NOTHING
aaaand repeat.

I tried several different kinds of batteries, new and old and it does the same thing. Its so weird it just follows this pattern. Everything was assembled properly and it just didnt matter.

From what I hear lightjunction.com is a reputable place and Im sure Ill have no trouble returning it...but still...it just stings right now.

By the way...after a while of experimenting and tinkering with the light to try and get it to work, I decided that I may as well do a runtime test.

Super stoked about this. I was in my room with the lights completely turned off. I turned it on the highest setting and did a tailstand on my night stand and did some reading. 50 minutes later I noticed a slight decrease in apparent light. The light was fairly hot, but completely handleable.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a problem i had with both my Raptor 1 & 2. Its the clicky where did you get yours?

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
How have I not read about a clicky problem?
What happened with yours? I figured it had to be the circuitry because of the pattern. I figured if it was the clicky it would be random.

Flashlight Enthusiast
ask him for an extra clicky to see if that works.

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened was i would click the light on then off & always on the same number of clicks (like the fourth click) instead of tunring on it would turn off, if i put light pressure on the clicky it would turn on. then about two to three weeks ago i sent mine back to bugoutgear and he put some sort of brass piece in the tail caps ( what exactly i don't know ) and know they both work.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with my RRT-0 switch. Apparently some of the switches are defective. Lightjunction replaced the switch for me and no problems since. They are very reputable and upstanding guys, and will take care of you.

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem with my RRT-0 switch. Apparently some of the switches are defective. Lightjunction replaced the switch for me and no problems since. They are very reputable and upstanding guys, and will take care of you.

I emailed them last night and got a response this morning.

Im glad to hear its just a switch...this light is great. He said he will send me one to try.

Ill definately be shopping with him again...and jetbeam.

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Yeah, an awful lot of clicky switches are prone to either manufacturing or assembly flaws that result in failure. Search this forum for pictures of the internals of a clicky switch and you'll immediately understand why they tend to fail in ways that produce patterns that often repeat every 4 clicks.

If you get a new switch, keep the old one as you can often rehabilitate them and then you will have a spare.

I too got a new RRT-0 last night (with a good clicky thankfully) and really love the light.

jefierro

Newly Enlightened
I was having the same problem but manage to fix it very easily.
there's to much lubricant in the switch contacts, open the switch if you see a dark oily stuff clean 90% of it, you'll still need some, that fixed my problem also the momentary switching is much better now.:twothumbs

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened was i would click the light on then off & always on the same number of clicks (like the fourth click) instead of tunring on it would turn off, if i put light pressure on the clicky it would turn on. then about two to three weeks ago i sent mine back to bugoutgear and he put some sort of brass piece in the tail caps ( what exactly i don't know ) and know they both work.

I am having similar issues with my RRT-2 sometimes it will be the forth time I turn it on other times it may be the first or second, it is very random. I also received a brass ring in a plastic baggy with my light I don't know what its for but it now sounds like this is part of the tail cap fix you are referring to.

Now if I could just figure how and where to put the brass ring, any idea?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was having the same problem but manage to fix it very easily.
there's to much lubricant in the switch contacts, open the switch if you see a dark oily stuff clean 90% of it, you'll still need some, that fixed my problem also the momentary switching is much better now.:twothumbs

My switch works until now, but upon receiving the light (with extender), i had to clean off much lube from all threads and clean the inside of the head, Jetbeam should really go softer with the lube, less can really be more here... :shakehead

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
My switch works until now, but upon receiving the light (with extender), i had to clean off much lube from all threads and clean the inside of the head, Jetbeam should really go softer with the lube, less can really be more here... :shakehead

This really could be the problem I am having with my RRT-2 there is a massive amount of lube I havn't had time to clean it since I got it yesterday because it's gonna take me awhile to do just because there is SO much lube.

I am still curious about the brass ring that came with my RRT-2 though.

bullettproof

Enlightened
I got it from lightjunction.com

My RRT2 ring selector didnt work properly it turned on when it was on the off position.Im thinking Jetbeam isnt what its made out to be.There quality control has gone to crap.:thumbsdow

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why? I have every current JETBeam there is except for the new M2S and have not had the first problem with any of them. They are great lights and I would not give them up for anything in the world. I have had several of the older models also with no problems. I just don't get the negativity towards JETBeam....Like they are the only company with product problems.....Yeah right. Even King Surefire of which I am a big fan has had its share of product problems. Won't keep me from buying them though.

I'm convinced. No Jetbeam in my future.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I had the same problem with my RRT-2 and turned out to be the clicky switch. LightJunction sent me a new one no problem.

In the meantime, I removed the clicky and put in a Fenix forward clicky and it worked perfectly. I ended up using the Fenix forward clicky because it actually feels better than the JetBeam one.

Flashlike

Enlightened
I had the same problem with my RRT-2 and turned out to be the clicky switch. LightJunction sent me a new one no problem.

In the meantime, I removed the clicky and put in a Fenix forward clicky and it worked perfectly. I ended up using the Fenix forward clicky because it actually feels better than the JetBeam one.

bedazzLED:--Is this the Fenix forward clicky that you used?
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=465

Is it very difficult to replace the clicky?