4.8v to a KPR103 lamp?

Wylie

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Me again.
I just tried a different lamp in my 4AA hand held Koehler Responder and I liked it. I am using some 1850 Nimhs so the voltage is not as high as it could be Alkies or Lithiums. The KPR103/3.6volt/.76amp lamp is about equal to the eye when the flashlight is in flood mode but the spot throws almost fifty feet further then the original lamp did and the beam looks a little smoother as well./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gifI'm just curious as to how long the lamp will last being driven the way it is./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Have any of you put four AA Nimhs behind a KPR103 and if so how long did the lamp last? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for the life of a KPR-103, but I have over 10 hours on a RadioShack XPR-103 (3.6 volts - 800 ma) being driven by 4 1800 ma/h Nihm AAs. Not only is the light brighter than the KPR-103 (4.1 MSCP spec vs 2.7 MSCP spec), but RadioShack rates them at 40 hrs. of life when driven normally (15 hrs. for the KPR-103).

Dan

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wylie,

The R-Shack # is 272-1182. Have fun and don't point the light at your face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

Wylie

Enlightened
I've been through the dot thing or what some may refer to around here as Lexeonidis before, fear not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I've used the XPR103 with 4 AA alkalines and had no problems. All of the Radio Shack bulbs I've tried in other lights also hold up well when overdriven.