TK40/TK30 fan club

I was comparing some data on Light Reviews and saw that the TK40 has the second highest max lux measurement of any quad die led (only got beat by 100 lux by the EagleTac M2C4 / P7). It would probably also get beat by the M1X as well, that one has not been reviewed that I can see. I just thought that was pretty cool for a light that supposedly is not a "thrower".

Last edited:

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
Re: TK40 fan club

not sure who says that, this thing is insane in throw and good in flood.

perfect light

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

The TK40 has what I consider to be the 100% perfect beam pattern for my use. It's a wonderful mix of flood and throw, yet not totally a "thrower" or a "floody" light. It's somewhere in between.

I think that the Jetbeam M1X has a pretty bad donut hole pattern, something that absolutely drives me nuts about other lights that I have used in the past. The TK40's beam pattern is devoid of such artifacts and I love it.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also a TK40 fan here. I love my TK40. Sure is nice to have a reasonably bright light that feeds off of common AA batteries.(I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable AAs in my TK40.) The "wall of light" effect is quite fun. (Just FYI,if you value your eyesight,don't pull out your new TK40-with freshly charged Eneloops-and turn on the Turbo Strobe.630 lumens of strobe light is not fun when pointed at a mirror.)
I pulled this boneheaded stunt the day I received my TK40.

Last edited:

Larbo

Enlightened

I give mine a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

n2deep

Newly Enlightened

Also a TK40 fan here. I love my TK40. Sure is nice to have a reasonably bright light that feeds off of common AA batteries.(I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable AAs in my TK40.) The "wall of light" effect is quite fun. (Just FYI,if you value your eyesight,don't pull out your new TK40-with freshly charged Eneloops-and turn on the Turbo Strobe.630 lumens of strobe light is not fun when pointed at a mirror.)
I pulled this boneheaded stunt the day I received my TK40.

I think I remember reading about this awhile back. lol
Count me in I love this thing!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh yes!

2j0kxtt.jpg

:cool:

celler

Newly Enlightened

I'm a huge fan as well. I was sold when I saw it at SHOT last year. Two questions for my fellow fans:

(1) What did you guys end up using for a holster?

(2) Has anyone been able to find a source for extra battery holders?

Thanks.

JeffInChi

Enlightened

A very solid light, if you don't mind blemishing yours, the old maglite D-ring holster/holder works well with it, for all you old school security/LEO's out there.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast

(1) What did you guys end up using for a holster?

I'm not an owner yet, but I am a fan. I saw this in the "unofficial Fenix picture thread" a couple of days ago, and thought that it looked like the perfect soution:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3116211&postcount=73

I use Ripoffs holsters for some other lights, and their quality is excellent. The "BL" models have belt loops, but there are identical models with a very sturdy stainless clip with a "CO" (clip on) prefix.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

The TK40 has what I consider to be the 100% perfect beam pattern for my use. It's a wonderful mix of flood and throw, yet not totally a "thrower" or a "floody" light. It's somewhere in between.

I think that the Jetbeam M1X has a pretty bad donut hole pattern, something that absolutely drives me nuts about other lights that I have used in the past. The TK40's beam pattern is devoid of such artifacts and I love it.

I have TK30 and very much agree with that description, TK30 and TK40 have exactly the same beam profile what I know.

Regards, Patric

T-3

Newly Enlightened

TK40 fan here as well! :twothumbs I haven't had a chance to use it a lot yet, but once things settle a little more with the new house, I want to try my hand at beam shots and some real close up pics of this beauty! :thinking:

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened

I sure do like mine. Great "dog walking" light.

742314007_F5D5b-L.jpg

742317815_R5hdT-L.jpg

742315692_KbLwy-L.jpg

-Mark.