Removing the clip frm a E2E

Hogosha

Newly Enlightened
I Know it is probably somewhere in the archives, but could someone please tell me how to safely remove the pocketclip from an E2E?

Defectfully
Patrick

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean the E2? Where the clip is riveted to the head? I was able to do it by slotting it with a Dremel cut off disk and backing it out with a screwdriver. It is not a screw but a spiral rivet in the pattern of those spiral nails. It is in there tightly. Buzzing it off with the Dremel is risky to the surrounding finish if you slip.

When they added the "e" to the name and called them the Executive series they moved the clip to a slip in on the body that is easy to remove by taking the head off and the o-ring.

I did not care for the clip on my E1 but don't mind it on my E2 or E2e. Go figure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Method 1:

Put a flat blade screwdriver in the "U" of the clip and place the battery tube on the edge of a counter with the clip and portion of the tube hanging over the edge. With a hammer or mallet, hit the screwdriver while holding the tube firmly on the counter.

Method 2:

Clamp the top level of the clip in a vise with the tube above and hanging out past the vise. Place a block of wood against the lip of the tube, above the clip and give the block of wood a hit with a mallet or hammer.

EDIT:

Method 3: (works if the clip isn't too tight)
Put some cordage or a shoe string in the "U" of the clip and pull while holding the battery tube.
- Don

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
usually just pushing down hard on the screwdriver does the job...i haven't had to resort to using a hammer yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I have never had trouble with method 3 on Don's list! and I wouldn't want to try 2!

Doug

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I've removed four E2E clips and replaced them with M2 clips (removing o-rings first) simply by using a narrow nose ViceGrip and pulling. Never had a problem, though if I did I'd go to Don's methods.

Since I throw those questionably designed clips away I'm not concrned about marking them, and the narrow (or needle) nose VGrips allow for precise grip placement so the body HAIII is not in danger.

The E2 clip is pretty functional and the original models were removeable with a small Allen wrench.

Brightnorm

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
I used a towel slipped between the clip and the body and a firm tug to get it off. The towel will prevent the clip from scratching the body when it slides off.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I removed mine using the "screw driver method" but instead subsituted a bamboo chopstick for the screw driver to avoid marring the finish.

I can also say that the E2o clip is MUCH more useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Slick said:
I removed mine using the "screw driver method" but instead subsituted a bamboo chopstick for the screw driver to avoid marring the finish.

I can also say that the E2o clip is MUCH more useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Clever how SF just stuck an M2 clip and an MN02 in an E2E and called it E2O!

Brightnorm

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get the M2 clip? Do dealers typically have them or are they only available from the factory. Anyone know how much SF gets for them?

Thanks,

Peter

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I willcalled one at SF. They're $4. A search here will probably reveal the P/N, as will a phonecall to their order desk. (Like NasCar's, mine removes by hand.)

Larry

kev1-1

Enlightened
Several people have said that a call to SureFire got them a free M2 clip. Knowing SureFire's customer service this is very likely to be a common practice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Wasn't for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (and I even bought a couple boxes of 123s.)

Larry

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
When you order an E2O/M2 clip, is the widget still neccesary? I'm finding it very difficult to get the widget in along with the clip...any easy way to do this?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The widget is for the following models regardless of whether the long or the short clip is used:

E1e
E2e
E2o
L4
L1
A2

I think that's all of them for now.

Al

emann

Newly Enlightened
When I returned my L4 to Surefire for missing gasket/O-rings I sent along a note asking if they would replace my clip as it was slightly bent and wouldn't hold the light in a pocket very good. They returned it with gaskets/O-rings installed and a E2o type pocket clip on it free of charge.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is slightly off topic, but i couldn't help but wonder at the similarity to one of the other threads... maybe we could rename this one to "How many does it take to remove a E2 clip?" :p