G2 Drop in

5Sport

Enlightened
I am looking for a drop in for my Surefire G2. I want a good run time and a warm beam. I looked at the Malkoff 60WL and it looks like it fits the bill, but it is not in stock.

Is there a second choice for this light? I already have a Surfire 6PL and was hoping for a little better light with some decent throw and run time.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any beamshots with the Malkoff 60WL?

Any other suggestions for a drop in for my C3?

Thanks

shark_za

Enlightened
I am satisfied with the P60L in my G2. I would move that module to your G2 and then hot rod the 6P with a full on Malkoff M60.

Bore it out to 18mm and drop a 18650 in for reduced output but awesome runtime.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for beamshots? The Search box is your friend

BTW do you have a regular G2 (nitrolon) or the G2L (metal), it is usually advisable to use a metal head with a LED drop in due to the heat

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i run the full M60 in my G2L with the metal bezel, no issues, but it rarely gets used now that i have an sst-90 dropin for my 6P...i wear my sunglasses at night...because i have to

5Sport

Enlightened
I have the regular G2 Nitrolon and yes I tried searching and no beamshots from different G2 drop ins

5Sport

Enlightened
Like I said, I was considering the Malkoff 60WL and it looks like it fits the bill, but it is not in stock. Any other suggestions or should I just get another P60L from Surefire and drop that in? At 40.00 it seems like a pretty good deal, but I was looking for a little more throw and hopefully a little longer run time.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said, I was considering the Malkoff 60WL and it looks like it fits the bill, but it is not in stock. Any other suggestions or should I just get another P60L from Surefire and drop that in? At 40.00 it seems like a pretty good deal, but I was looking for a little more throw and hopefully a little longer run time.

I'd still recommend the M60WL, more throw and people really like the warm emitter for better color renditon. Also according to the Malkoff the M60L will run fine in a nitrolon light.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
beam shots won't be called G2 drop-ins they will be called P60 drop-ins or modules or something along those lines, there is a HUGE selection, and $40 is pretty high for a drop-in with the spec surefire puts on it, dereelight makes some nice ones and if you get them with a smooth reflector they will throw for days, the problem you are going to run into is that an all nitrolon light (no metal bezel) is a HUGE insulator, its going to act like a green houses around your P60 pill. LEDs hate the heat the hotter they get the less efficient and the shorter their lifetime. The malkoff drop-in is really the only one that i have seen that has enough metal on it to sink away enough of the heat. otherwise you will kill your module.

Even the p60-L runs hot in a full nitrolon body, if you do don't care about this, take your $40 to dealextreme and buy 4 R2 modules cuz at least when they explode you will have others to replace them. otherwise buy a metal head for the light and wait for the malkoff to get back in stock

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
OK if you want warm tint the P60L will make you puke. :huh:
Wait for the M60WL (which is superb) OR go shoot a PM to CPF member Nailbender.

Tell him the host you are using and the tint you want and he will give you several options to pick from. You will be happy.