6p 18650 which drop in recommended?

spackler

Newly Enlightened
This is my first custom light and I'm learning. I have surfire 6p powered by 1x18650 and I got a warm SSC P7 from nailbender and it is by far my most powerful light now. I got aw batteries and a Pila IBC to go with it. My first rig, haha!!

I was wondering if I got a good drop in or if anyone could recommend a different drop in. I like the neutral and warm tints better but if there is a kick *** cool one I would like to know. Is the P7 pretty much the most lumens I can expect from this set up or is there another one, I believe I'm getting 625 lumens. How powerful of a light can i make with this host? I wouldn't mind getting different drop ins for different jobs for throw and flood.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I don't think that you're getting real 625 lumens...With 1x18650 the Nailbender P7 drop-in is at around 427 turn-on otf lumens.
I also discovered that the nailbender drop-in works better with 2xCR123--> 460 turn-on otf lumens (not RCR123), which also says MrGman's Measurements.

maybe sst-50 drop-in delivers more, would be most likely. but there are not quite much drivers available for an sst-50, which can supply up to 5 amps.
and beeing driven with an p7/mc-e driver, an sst 50 is most likely to put out around 700 lumens (emitter lumens, not otf lumens) on the highest bin at 2.8A.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I would suggest the upcoming XP-G triple from Moddoo, sold by Electron Guru. It sounds like a great product (XP-E triples have already been released and have had very good reviews). Also, EG is great to deal with. You'll be looking at 1000+ lumens, and better throw than your current P7. I will be purchasing one of these when they become available.

BTW this thread would be more applicable in the Flashlights\LED subforum, that's where most SureFire LED drop-in threads run. You should get more assistance there. You can PM a mod to ask for your thread to be moved, or just use the 'Report post' button on your post #1 in this thread (the little red triangle in the upper right hand side, it sort of looks like a 'caution' sign).

There have been a number of comparable threads on this topic though, so folks may refer you to them. Also, the search function is very useful on common topics such as this one.

Hope this helps,
K

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
yeah i got the sst-90 drop-in from nailbender (also running in a bored 6P with AW 18650) , its under-driven so it doesn't overheat, but its by far the most power handheld flashlight on my current duty station...its a LOT of flood, but there is so much light that it throws a good ways too, i can single handedly light a good sized parking lot or field unfortunately if you want to shatter the 1000 lumen mark, you need more metal than the 6P can provide, i mean i could fiddle with my driver and get 1500 lumens for a few seconds and then it would be too hot to hold and i'd have to turn it down...i prefer single chip LEDs over the MCE and P7 or triple light dropin. my .02

bstrickler

Enlightened
I personally use a 3-13v Lighound LED dropin (3-13, in case I need to use 2 RCR123's, or CR123's)

http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...ssembly-for-SureFire-C-P-Z-Series_p_2620.html

If you like incans, you can also get these:

150 lumen incan with 65 minute runtime
http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...ssembly-for-SureFire-C-P-Z-Series_p_1016.html
or
190 lumen incan with 40 minute runtime
http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...ssembly-for-SureFire-C-P-Z-Series_p_1004.html

I have yet to try either incan out, but will consider them in the future, when I get more money.

~Brian