MAGMA LED KIT

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
HAS ANYONE USED THIS KIT AND CAN TELL ME IF ITS ANY GOOD. I CURRENTY ARE USING THE MAD MAX FROM DAT2ZIP BUT I WAS LOOKING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif FOR SOMTHING THAT DOEST EAT BATTERIES AND KINDA INEXPENSIVE. ALSO DOES USING THE REFLECTOR W/THE MAGMA LED MAKE THAT MUCH DIFFERANCE. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

Empath

Flashaholic
The MagmaLed is a direct replacement for the stock lamp of the MiniMag. It's intended for use with the reflector since the LED has been modified to act as a side emitter. You won't get much throw without a reflector.

To the casual observer the MagmaLed will just look like a stock bulb in the MiniMag; that is until you turn it on.

Please refrain from using all caps, Ken. It's difficult to read and is interpreted as yelling.

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice on the Magma LED.Ihave ordered 2 and they are on backorder for 2 weeks. I like my MADMAX from dat2zip ,it just eats batteries. Is the MAGMA LED comparable to the OPALEC kit

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it draws even less battery power because it has less complex circuitry and 1 Led compared to the opalec. But then again, you lose brightness in favor of runtime. I would suggest run the madmax with rechargeable. The Magmaled simple does not all that bright, IMHO.