Trouble with Quark AA2 ...Help!

nutnless220

Newly Enlightened
Got the new Quark AA2 Tactical today and was pretty impressed. Light was very bright. Had trouble turning the bezel to program the light so I unscrewed the bezal and noticed some grit like substance in the grease on the threads. Cleaned it off and screwed the light back together. As I was screwing the threads I didn't notice that the lens had slipped and was at a slight angle. As I tightened it down I heard a crunching sound and saw I had cracked the lens on the outside corner.

Not good, but I thought "Well, I'll just order a new lens."
I straightened the lens out, screwed the bezel back together and now the light won't work at all.

I don't think I damaged the emitter, Is there anything else I might have damaged? Maybe shorted the chip? What's the worst case scenario? Purchase a new head?

I've left a message for 4Sevens, but it'll be next week before I hear anything. Maybe it'll work out well, I only live about 40 minutes from their office.

bstrickler

Enlightened
First of all, the lens shouldn't have slipped. That tips me off to a defect, as I have a AA^2 NW Tactical, and haven't had a single problem with it yet, and I've programmed and reprogrammed more times than I remember. The lens does not budge at all, no matter how hard I push sideways with my finger. On top of that, I've dropped it more times than I should have, and it's still 100% functional and undamaged (save for a few bare anodizing spots from the falls, and use).

I'm not sure why it wont work anymore. I haven't seen the internals of the 0.9-4.2v head, so I'm not much help there.

I would just contact 4sevens, and see what they can do for you. Most likely, they'll just replace/exchange the head for you.

~Brian

lolzertank

Enlightened
You're not supposed to unscrew the BEZEL. You're supposed to unscrew the HEAD. Of course, the bezel is supposed to be Loctited onto the head with. The grit on the threads was the Loctite.

I would contact 4sevens. The Loctite shouldn't be so weak that you can unscrew it with your bare hands.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it'll work out well, I only live about 40 minutes from their office.

WOW! That would be a tourist destination to me; lucky you can vist such a famous and important place!

I'm sure they will take care of you.

nutnless220

Newly Enlightened
You're not supposed to unscrew the BEZEL. You're supposed to unscrew the HEAD. Of course, the bezel is supposed to be Loctited onto the head with. The grit on the threads was the Loctite.

I would contact 4sevens. The Loctite shouldn't be so weak that you can unscrew it with your bare hands.

You're right, it was the bezel that unscrewed. It was looser than the head apparently. Ether that or I have extremely strong hands...lol

I have emailed and called and left a message. Hopefully they will let me stop by the office and get it checked out instead of having to play the mail game.

nutnless220

Newly Enlightened
Update

I received a reply from my email to David. Thirty minutes after I sent the email.
He said to bring it by the office and he would replace the head. Outstanding!

It'll be really hard to not buy another light while I'm at 4Sevens.
Maybe too hard.

Thanks 4 Sevens for a great product and even better customer service.

Latest posts