My RRT-0 is super cool

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, i just got my RRT-0 from Bugoutgear and this light has got to be the coolest thing since bread that's NOT sliced.

No, I'm not kidding. I don't like my bread sliced. I eat fresh bread and don't keep it in a bag so no, I wasn't giving it an underhanded compliment or something. This light is cool as hell.

First, it's one of the prettiest lights I've seen but mind you, so was my Jetbeam III ibs till I realized I was too damn stupid to use it.

Well, this one isn't. Even a moron like me can do it and if I can do it, everyone can!

Let me say that the tube/adapter thingie is ingenious. I'm like, how the hell and then I looked in the manual. Well, I did try to unscrew it first but it was tight (as well as it should have been) and I didn't want to force anything so I looked in the manual and sho nuff, that part comes off.

Super cool idea and it's nice and tight AND looks good. I normally CAN NOT stand all these extenders that look like a friggin' afterthought! Stupid, moronic designs and I don't get it.

Now, the only thing I don't like is that the ring IS a little loose and no, I don't like that and how long is it going to last and what about taking a light like this as an emergency light for when you get stuck on a deserted island for 5 years or whatever?

Before I forget, let me say that on a per brand basis, Jetbeam prolly makes the best looking lights in my opinion.
Hopefully though, this light is an indication that user interfaces might become simpler.

For those who don't want super low mode. I don't get it. I turned this one on and it's more than enough to do a bunch of stuff with and yes, I DID go in the lowest mode.

If I can get 100 hours of this stuff, damn, I'M IN!

I was going to test runtime in the lowest mode and I have eneloops and rechargeable (ultrafire I think) 123's

Someone tell me what voltage they should measure up to when charged before I start this (KEEP IT SIMPLE, PLEASE!!) and that's measured without a load and also, does anyone want me to do an alkaline too and again, what voltage should it be at?

Thanks

George

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Glad you like your rrt-0. I have the Jetbeam III M and love it.

I like both fresh and sliced, and even the stuff you buy in a tube and put in the oven.

I like fresh bread with pasta, or soup, beef sandwhich, or chili or just by itself with some butter or oil and parmesan cheese.

However, for cold cut sandwhiches i like sliced bread. How about grilled cheese? It'd be a little hard to cut fresh bread just right for grilled cheese, and it tastes just fine sliced.

I guess I like both.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted the M but again, to stupid to figure out the UI so I went with this one.

As for the bread, I guess you're right about the ham and cheese sandwich. It works better with sliced bread in a bag.

Mind you, being in a big city, you CAN get real bread fresh, I can't. I get this take and bake that's frozen and then I pop it in the oven. Lovely stuff but I would love NOT to have to wait for an hour total before I can eat a sammich. You know, preheat, bake and cool the bread.

Come to think of it, I got this cool joke about ham and cheese flavored apples but it's dirty so I can't post it here but if someone wants it, pm me :)

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Signal, GIT ONE!

OfficerCamp, git one or we shall tickle you till you do...and cram sliced bread down your throat!

I don't make threats lightly...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I thought you were talking about tint, but no... you never even discussed the flour or the grains let alone butter.

Last edited:

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
I am not a bread aficionado, but I can answer at least one of your questions.

A rechargeable CR123 (aka RCR123 or 16340) should never be charged above 4.20V (or it might :poof:). Most chargers will stop charging somewhere between 4.12V and 4.17V (I think it depends on the internal resistance of the particular battery being charged). Really, anything over 4.10V counts as "fully charged" as far as I'm concerned, but if you want max runtime you should probably find a battery that is at or above 4.15V.

I know much less about NiMH chemistry. Fresh off the charger should be around 1.3V (I think?). Otherwise, unless under load, the battery will pretty much read 1.1V to 1.2V, whether it's 95% charged or 5% charged. At least, that's what I've gathered from my limited use of older, non-LSD NiMH batteries.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I thought you were talking about tint, but no... you never even discussed the flour or the grains let alone butter.

Well, normally IF I bake myself, I just use regular flour which is another reason I don't bake here (in the US), frankly, I don't know what the hell I'm buying (too many choices).

As for the butter...if you're talking about the butter you put on sammiches as opposed to mayo which seems more like the american way (at least down here in NC) then that's another whole can of worms there AND I do have a funny story about that and what happened to my neighbor once..so if anyone wants to hear about his heart attack, let me know..

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not a bread aficionado, but I can answer at least one of your questions.

Thanks for the reply. At least someone that read the battery part :crackup:

As for the bread, we'll have to introduce you to real bread and see what you think about it afterwards...

I feel about bread like yall feel about lights :D

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
Since you mentioned that you will be using UltraFire 16340s and didn't use the word "protected" in the description, I feel that I should also point out that you should never, ever let the cells get below 2.5V, because recharging a Li-Ion battery from below 2.5V can also cause a :poof:. Which might toast your bread before its time... :D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what you're saying is that, when I charge my batteries, do NOT charge them in the oven while baking bread or it might burn it to a crisp?

Gotcha!

Ok, so hypothetically here, if my 16340's (which I assume are rechargeable's in the CR123 size, yeah, I don't know much of this) are BELOW 2.5, what do I do with them? Use them to make my own land fill in the backyard?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright boys, I posted some pics in another thread about my new light with the clip so here's a copy for yall. That way, if yall want to comment on the breadiness of the pics, no flashaholics there will be harmed in the process..
==========================

I don't know about yall but my clip does NOT look like the pics right above. Mine is shorter, made to CLIP (with the built in ring) around the body AND darker. Very pretty dark color. Haven't tried it yet because I'm sure I'll scratch my light and besides, I don't trust clips anyway and never use them. I like to have them just in case but wouldn't trust them unless I clipped them INSIDE a pocket.

So, what does this mean? Do I have a new one or old one or what?

Oh yeah, and mine tail stands like a..., well, GREAT! No wobble at all :)

By the way, I just looked and the two threaded holes in mine (on the tail cap) are only around 1/4 inch apart s probably not enough to screw in a clip.

Alright boys, girls and bread lovers, here are some pics of my light and as you can see, there wouldn't really be enough space between the screw holes to put a clip 'cause the clip is as wide as the holes.

DSC_0084_Jetbeam-RRT-0-1000.JPG

DSC_0086_Jetbeam-RRT-0-1000.JPG

DSC_0085_Jetbeam-RRT-0-1000.JPG

Hey, not bad for handheld macro. Yeah, I know, colors are so, so..
=================

Ha! I've got it figgered out and yall though I was stupid...

I figured out how the clip goes and they give you an option. Clip it on the light, OR, use the provide screw holes and you even get a choice of WHICH hole to screw it in.

I couldn't find the screws so I just rigged it a bit so yall could see roughly how the clip goes but I'm sure you can see it.

Yep, I say pick one hole, screw the clip in and you're good to go. This way you can clip it in your pants (make sure you're fat and that round clip won't hurt as much when it pokes you in the side, OR, you can slip it right over a pipe when you're doing your plumbing.

Man, I can't believe no one's though of this before. Slick as dog snot but then, I'm not a professional reviewer so what do I know...

Anyway, pics or it didn't happen...

DSC_0087_Jetbeam-RRT-0-1000.JPG

George/Reviewer in making

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
So, what you're saying is that, when I charge my batteries, do NOT charge them in the oven while baking bread or it might burn it to a crisp?

:laughing: Indeed. Although, the fireproof-ness of the oven should keep the rest of your house from burning down...

Ok, so hypothetically here, if my 16340's (which I assume are rechargeable's in the CR123 size, yeah, I don't know much of this) are BELOW 2.5, what do I do with them? Use them to make my own land fill in the backyard?

Yes, 16340 = Rechargeable CR123 (the numeric name is found by taking the width of the battery in millimeters, the length of the battery in millimeters, and--for no apparent reason--adding a zero to the end; so, a 16340 is approximately 16mm x 34mm).

If you end up with a rechargeable Li-Ion that stabilizes at less than 2.5V, as far as I know, it's trash. Of course, if you want to be "environmentally conscious" then you should recycle said batteries. I'm not 100% sure, but I think using it as an electrically activated road flare does not count as recycling. :D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: Indeed. Although, the fireproof-ness of the oven should keep the rest of your house from burning down...

Yes, 16340 = Rechargeable CR123 (the numeric name is found by taking the width of the battery in millimeters, the length of the battery in millimeters, and--for no apparent reason--adding a zero to the end; so, a 16340 is approximately 16mm x 34mm).

If you end up with a rechargeable Li-Ion that stabilizes at less than 2.5V, as far as I know, it's trash. Of course, if you want to be "environmentally conscious" then you should recycle said batteries. I'm not 100% sure, but I think using it as an electrically activated road flare does not count as recycling. :D

Screw the house...what about the blead, the blead boss (said in the voice of a small midget..)

Road flare? Dude, NOW you tell me these things?

Seriously though, is there some national chain that takes in batteries to recycle? I have always kept mine for the day I find a place and I have a few. Not many 'cause unlike bread, I buy rechargeable batteries and have for MANY years. (Yeah, not sure about the bread comment either... :sick2: )

LowFlux

Enlightened
guiri, the 2 holes in the tailcap are meant to be used for lanyards. The manufacturer's supplied clip is meant to be wrapped around the body, the manufacturer's clip does not attach at the tailcap holes.

This is how Jetbeam intends the clip to be mounted:
IMAG0061.jpg

borrowed from this thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/251374

Some of the ingenious guys at CPF have determined that the Nitecore D10 clip will work on those 2 holes.

This is why there are no supplied screws for the clip. If you were to screw the clip on (as you pictured here) you'd have no way of using the clip.
DSC_0087_Jetbeam-RRT-0-1000.JPG

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
guiri, the 2 holes in the tailcap are meant to be used for lanyards.

If they are for lanyards, why are they threaded? :confused:

Some of the ingenious guys at CPF have determined that the Nitecore D10 clip will work on those 2 holes.

The Nitecore D10 (or EX10 for that matter) clip will work on one of the original RRT-0s. However, based on the photos posted by guiri, the tail ring has changed from 4 large elliptical holes in the tail to 2 large elliptical holes and 2 or 4 (no way to tell from the photos) threaded holes. You can see the difference if you compare the tails in the 2 images you last posted. I'm not sure that the D10/EX10 clip will work with the new tail ring configuration. It looks like Jetbeam may have changed the tail explicitly to keep people from modding their lights with other manufacturer's bits. Hopefully they'll be nice about it and release a clip of their own.

Maybe they'll be really nice and also release other battery adaptors (for 17500 or 17670). Not that I'd hold my breath for that one...

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
We bake our own bread, so we have to slice it ourself anyway. Mostly the entire bread, then we put it in a plastic box. It's real bread, not a bag of air with some foam structure of food.. :laughing: