switch diameter?

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
I got a spare for the n3 and the g2 -- (just to have them).
Tthe OD of the one for the n3 (which you refer to) is about 18mm; that fo the g2 is about 19, and has a coarser thread than the other --looks about 1 thread per mm.

I compared with my c6, and the threads seem to match with the g2 switch, but the the diameter looks like 20 mm, so the g2 would be too small for the c6.

taschenlampe

Enlightened
Thank you for replying!

I also have spare switches for RC-G2 with OD 18,8mm and yes - these are too small
for the RC-C6.

It takes me wonder that the switch for the RC-N3 which has to take CR-123A cells is
smaller than the RC-G2 switch (AA, 14500)!

tl

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
I don't where to get a switch for c6 -- maybe an email to Shining beam would get you that information (I haven't seen them listed at his site). Or an electronics parts supplier?

I'd be tempted to make up a ribbon of lead or fashion an insert from epoxy ribbon to make an adapter and use a G2 switch. Or maybe you could make an adapter out of wire, something like a helicoil -- I don't know that you could get one commercially, especially for an acceptable price.

EDIT:
PS -- I see shiningbeam http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-Parts-%26-Accessories-cln-Romisen/Categories has a switch for the F4 (with tail cap) -- maybe that's the right size?

Last edited: