• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo Ti PD-S Mizer

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need to raise some cash for another project so I am parting with this beauty. Piston action is super smooth on this one and threads are also very nice. Price includes shipping to CONUS (U.S.A. addresses) verified PP accounts only please. This one will run on primary and RCR123 cells. Buy this light and I will give the buyer the option to purchase a new AOTH Holester (Brown Elephant) for $25.00.

$570.00*SOLD*
DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti PD-S Mizer

Wasn't there somebody looking for a Ti PD-S recently?

No, not me, fortunately, I already bought one and got a non-mizer, which I preffer...

PhantomZ

Enlightened

hey everyone. thanks for the heads up on my post :) . ya, i'm looking for the non-miser version

donn_

Flashaholic

I believe the difference between regular and miser is in the drive current on high. Regular is 525mA and miser is 290mA.

The functional differences would be in lumen output and heat output. The lumen output can be calculated by looking up the data sheet on the LED in question.

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti PD-S Mizer + $25.00 AOTH Holester Option

These are fantastic little lights. I'll take it.

Does it have the updated softer spring, out of curiosity?

fyrstormer

Banned

And the impressive collection grows....

:bow:
Heck, this is just a spare. :crazy: My other PD-S has certain uniquenesses from Don that I can't readily reproduce.

Sorry for the delay Senna, I was up to my eyeballs in badly-written code today and then I spent two hours at the dentist getting a tooth crowned. Great fun.

:paypal:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heck, this is just a spare. :crazy: My other PD-S has certain uniquenesses from Don that I can't readily reproduce.

Sorry for the delay Senna, I was up to my eyeballs in badly-written code today and then I spent two hours at the dentist getting a tooth crowned. Great fun.

:paypal:

Got it. Thanks!! This one is SOLD!!
:twothumbs

fyrstormer

Banned

I guess you're either a programmer or you're referring to Dan Brown's blockbuster. :tinfoil:
I'm a software engineer specializing in user interface design, as opposed to the person who wrote this code, who was apparently a computer programmer specializing in half-assed copy/pasted spaghetti code. It isn't even my job to write code except as necessary to test new ideas, but I'm working on this because I have something called "attention to detail". (and also a lack of billable hours. :shakehead)

I mean really, if you want to find the largest number in a list of numbers, you don't copy those numbers into a new list, sort the list smallest to largest, and then run a search to find the largest number. You just look at each number, keep track of what was the largest number you've run across thus far, and when you get to the end of the list you know what was the largest number in the list.

The only reason the author did it the slow way is because they were able to copy/paste code from another part of the program, intended for a totally different purpose, and bang it around until it did what they needed it to in its new location. Modular code is a great idea if it's actually designed to be modular, and you're not just forcing a square peg into a round hole because it means you won't miss Jerry Springer. Stupid.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I'm a software engineer specializing in user interface design, as opposed to the person who wrote this code, who was apparently a computer programmer specializing in half-assed copy/pasted spaghetti code. It isn't even my job to write code except as necessary to test new ideas, but I'm working on this because I have something called "attention to detail". (and also a lack of billable hours. :shakehead)

I mean really, if you want to find the largest number in a list of numbers, you don't copy those numbers into a new list, sort the list smallest to largest, and then run a search to find the largest number. You just look at each number, keep track of what was the largest number you've run across thus far, and when you get to the end of the list you know what was the largest number in the list.

The only reason the author did it the slow way is because they were able to copy/paste code from another part of the program, intended for a totally different purpose, and bang it around until it did what they needed it to in its new location. Modular code is a great idea if it's actually designed to be modular, and you're not just forcing a square peg into a round hole because it means you won't miss Jerry Springer. Stupid.

I know exactly what you mean. I have had that problem many times before having worked in a similar field.

fyrstormer

Banned
Yeah, it's a pain in the ***, especially when the code you're writing actually runs inside of another program, and the commands used to talk to the other program are full of bugs and memory leaks so it's impossible for your code to run forever without crashing -- and then you find out the previous author did things in the most inefficient possible way on top of it all.

I have decided that revising someone else's terrible code shall henceforth be called "sloppy seconds". I think that conveys the essence of the experience quite well.