My perfect AA

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
Hello again chaps/chapesses

I hope you all had a great xmas and new year.

I have been trying to find my perfect AA and have found a few over christmas, but nothing has exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone want to see if they know what could fulfil this spec:

1) Ultrafire C3 type form factor
2) Li-ion compatable
3) mega low, then (optional) med, then hi
4) forward clicky
5) Last used mode memory

I suspect you're going to suggest the Nitecore! I'm not too keen on its looks/price ratio - so any other ideas?
Cheers
Scott

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the Fenix LD10 meets all those requirements :party:

although the Quark has a lower low

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure the Fenix LD10 meets all those requirements :party:

although the Quark has a lower low

Although its a good light it only meets one of his requirements and that is form factor. The LD10 has a reverse clicky, not really 14500 compatible if you want other modes besides high and it does not memorize last mode used. Its not not a mega low either.

ragweed

Enlightened
I have had trouble with clickys although, not the ones mentioned here. The ones I had quit working after constant use. Maglight was one but they did send me a free switch so no complaints here.! Great after market service from Maglight!!!!!

fa__

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight C2H with AA tube would be a good option, available in cool white or natural.

MaxCarjuzaa

Newly Enlightened
I am searching for exactly the same flashlight. I wolud add under $25, better under $20.

I would like to have a romisen (or similar quality) with this specification.

I was searching a lot...but nothing...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect AA? It's called the Quark! :twothumbs

----------

I'm pretty sure the Fenix LD10 meets all those requirements
It's my understanding that Fenix lights aren't well suited for high voltage Li-ions because they basically bypass the circuit and drive the LED directly which can reduce component life, not to mention it makes it impossible to access any of the lower modes. Quark lights, on the other hand, are actually designed to accommodate higher voltages (up to 4.2v).

Last edited:

LED Cool

Enlightened
LiteFlux LF5XT.

very close in form factor.

definitely designed to take Li-ion 14500 and has built-in over discharge protection (ODP) for NIMH & Li-Ion. ODP can be turn on/off by user.

low, mid & high output in % is program by user. it is a 5 mode output light but user can change it to a single mode, or 2/3/4 mode output light.

uses an electronic clicky switch with silent clicking operation. switch can behave like a momentary press switch (ala surefire G2) when the momentary-on feature is enabled by user.

has last used mode memory which can be turn on/off by the user.

do check it out.
khoo