SF lanyard question

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
when using the tail cap ring, is the ring supposed to be able to spin, or should it be held rigidly in place? for those with the tail ring/ lanyard, are you happy with its performance?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Z33 Standard Body TailCap end Lanyard Ring is designed to rotate freely so that your lanyard does not end up tangled.
The Z12 Standard Body Bezel end Lanyard Ring is designed to be held tight between the body and the Bezel (or TurboHead Adapter collar).

Sometimes especially for longer SureFires such as the 9PT, 7ZT, 12PM etc, a Z12 Bezel Lanyard Ring will help protect the Bezel when you let go of the SureFire and let it dangle from your wrist.

I have a Lanyard on all my larger SureFires.
Especially my Classic 12PMT which is not shock isolated.

I've never had any problems with my SureFire Lanyards or lanyard rings.

Some say they aren't stealthy [not totally quiet] enough. From my perspective that's not an issue because I don't sneak up on people that often. The Classic 6Z has been in use for years and years and in the four years I've been researching SureFires, it's not been an issue. In fact, Lanyards are generally accepted as good and important.

You don't have to use a Lanyard, it is one of several options including the Z21 TailCap [with a Lanyard attach ring instead of a pressure switch (no momentary switching) which I'm using on a 9PT at the moment]

I've sorted my G2-OD out with a Z33 TailCap Lanyard Ring and Z28 OD Lanyard. When I'm out and about in the dark, I often have a G2 hanging from my wrist whilst in the hand, I'm holding a longer range SureFire such as the M4 or 9AN+KT3 (both of mine are fitted with TailCap Lanyards. The 9AN TailCap Lanyard Ring is the Z12.)

Al

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
thanks.. I hope to fit my C2HA with the matching click sw. and Z27 lanyard and Z33 tail ring..., that should work, right?

all of that should also be compatible with the C3.

ANY word on the KL3 delivery date?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The only trouble with a Z33 on an M2, C2 or D2 is that the tip of the PocketClip extends over the Z33's location so the lanyard can't do the full 360 rotation.

The Z33 fits sweet on the C3 (even with a Clickie TailCap) and the C3/D2 PocketClips don't get in the way of the Z33 rotation at all.

I just put a Z33 on my C2-BK (with Z44-BK Black "M2" Bezel & Z49 Black Clickie) Making it an "M2-BK+Z49" in my way of identifying SureFires.
Anyway, the Z33 rotates freely just as it will your C2-HA+Z48 BUT the tip of the PocketClip gets in the way so it can't do the full 360 as the saying goes.

Al

guncollector

Enlightened
Making your lanyard ring stealthy...

FYI, I've found by using 550 paracord, threading a loop through the lanyard opening, and putting the loose ends through the threaded threaded-loop that you can "quiet" the ring.

The additional paracord material in the lanyard opening keeps the ring from "clanking" around. Works for me.
smile.gif

HTH

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
guncollector, I do the same thing to all the zippers and fasteners on my bags. I call it "silencing" them.
smile.gif

I probably carry about a mile of paracord on me at any given time.