New Flashlight Ideas

cdknox

Newly Enlightened
Well...I think it's time for a new one. Currently have a Surefire E2E and a Fenix PD30. Looking for something a little brighter (Incad or LED). Want to keep the price below $100. Any ideas? I was thinking a Quark light? Any opinions?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
which lights have you Searched and Researched that you have narrowed it down to, say a top 5? What are you looking for with the flashlight?

cdknox

Newly Enlightened
I haven't searched or researched much, although have heard fairly good things about the Quark by 4Sevens. I bought my Fenix PD30 based off of reviews here and am fairly happy. I'm looking to stay with a CR123 based flashlights as I have a good supply of these batteries, but if it's the right light wouldn't mind a AA either as batteries are cheaper. I want the size to be roughly the size that I have now. Mainly just looking for a new EDC. As for custom..explain more? I'm fairly new here.

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
I haven't searched or researched much, although have heard fairly good things about the Quark by 4Sevens.

On the Quark side of things, you could always pick up the Quark 2xAA model, plus a 1x123 body. That way, you can keep it small for EDC, or use cheap AA batteries. It's also nice that the Quarks give you a choice of tactical or regular interface when you're purchasing.

Of course, if you really want something different, you could go for the Quark RGB, at $99 :twothumbs apart from the obvious groovy colour stuff, the RGB has a purely floody beam, with little throw, which makes it functionally different to regular white-beamed flashlights - great for close-range stuff.

cdknox

Newly Enlightened
On the Quark, what is the difference between the Tactical and Regular interface? Also, I do want some throw, mainly because I will also use this as a hunting light and for my wife when she walks the dogs at night. Can any of the flashlights that take 2 CR123's use the rechargeable packs? What is the advantage of these? If I decide on a Quark is the Neutral or Cool White better?

cdknox

Newly Enlightened
After thinking about it..I'm really looking for something with more throw than I have. Does that help at all?