• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-McGizmo LS20 & Haiku

dhshark

Newly Enlightened
I was in the process of building up a McGizmo collection and I had no intention of ever selling any of my beauties, but to free up some cash I've decided to sell my LS20 and Haiku.

LS20: I purchased this directly from Don sometime last year (2009). I carried it a bit in my pocket but it has mainly sat on my nightstand. I can't see any scratches and it has never been dropped or abused. I've wanted an LS20 (and a LS27) for a long time and I'm really sad that I have to sell this beauty. I have the original box that Don sent the LS20 in and I can ship it with the light if the buyer wants it. Forgive my terrible photography skills. Price $550.00 $530.00 $520.00 Sold on 1/13/10. THANKS Dog Chaser.
059kl.jpg

057pr.jpg

Haiku: I purchased this from a fellow member on the forum (perform a search, you'll find the post). I am the second owner of the Haiku and the former owner stated that he used the light for about 10 hours or so. I on the other hand (like the LS20) carried the light a little in my pockets but it mainly sat on my nightstand next to my LS20. I can't see any scratches on the light and it has never been dropped or abused. Again, my skills as a photographer is not very good but I tried to capture the Haiku the best that I could. Price $410 Sold and sent on 1/12/10. Thanks kyamei!
064xp.jpg

062d.jpg

LS20 (left) Haiku (right)
061lp.jpg

Please, only CONUS (including Hawaii) and verified PP accounts only. Price includes shipping and I'll eat the pp fees.

Thanks,
Dennis

Last edited:

kyamei

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo LS20 & Haiku

I'll take the Haiku if you don't mind shipping to Hawaii -- shipping costs should be about the same with USPS. PM sent.

dhshark

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the Haiku if you don't mind shipping to Hawaii -- shipping costs should be about the same with USPS. PM sent.

Yes, I'll ship to Hawaii. Replied to your PM.

Dennis

kyamei

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:

Now people will think I'm even more crazy. They already thought my last obsession was crazy with $300 computer keyboards...

kyamei

Newly Enlightened

The Optimus Maximus is a bit of a joke in the keyboard community. We're all about switch types and the OM uses Cherry ML switches which are rather second class as far as mechanicals go.

Anyways, can't wait to get that Haiku :D

fyrstormer

Banned

Second-class mechanical switches still beat the pants off first-class silicone-membrane switches, though. :grin2: Though I do like my basic Logitech keyboard, very easy to clean.

Actually, have you seen the Optimus Aux? Basically a programmable number pad. Looks like the best of both worlds to me; lots of programmable buttons, but not one for every single key on the keyboard.

dhshark

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:

Now people will think I'm even more crazy. They already thought my last obsession was crazy with $300 computer keyboards...

Got the payment, thank you very much! Just sent the package this morning. I'm going to do a search to see what a $300 keyboard looks like.

Dennis

dhshark

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo LS20 **Price drop**

Can this LS20 take rechargeable batteries? Is there red nail polish on the bottom of the LE? Thanks.

Yes, the LS20 can take rechargeable batteries. There is no red nail polish on the bottom of the LE.

Dennis

dhshark

Newly Enlightened

:sssh: no nail polish? , what does it mean?

Usually red nail polish on the circuit board indicates that it shouldn't (you could but risk damaging the LE) use rechargeable batteries. No red nail polish indicates that it can use Rechargeable batteries. A lot of discussion about this but this is the jest of it (in regard to the LS20 line of flashlights).

This LS20 does not have the red nail polish on the circuit board so it can take rechargeable batteries.

Dennis

stienke

Enlightened

Usually red nail polish on the circuit board indicates that it shouldn't (you could but risk damaging the LE) use rechargeable batteries. No red nail polish indicates that it can use Rechargeable batteries. A lot of discussion about this but this is the jest of it (in regard to the LS20 line of flashlights).

This LS20 does not have the red nail polish on the circuit board so it can take rechargeable batteries.

Dennis

Aaaahhh , now I understand :) , have learnt something tonight!
My Haiku has red nail polish on the circuit board :thinking: , no RCR123?

Last edited:

kyamei

Newly Enlightened

There's a "keyboard community?" :sick2: Do they have a forum?

It's the internet, there's a community for everything :). geekhack.org would be the keyboard forums.

dhshark

Newly Enlightened

Aaaahhh , now I understand :) , have learnt something tonight!
My Haiku has red nail polish on the circuit board :thinking: , no RCR123?

From what I remember it is okay to use rechargeable batteries on the Haiku. I know, its contradictory and confusing. Please don't take this the wrong way but if a search is performed about rechargeable batteries and the Haiku you'll find a boatload of info. If I recall the Haiku and the Luna Sol line have different light engines. More so for the Luna Sol because its been around longer than the Haiku and the first and second versions of it only allowed primaries to be used (to the best of my research and knowledge).

Dennis