Surefire Inflation PART 2 (2010)

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Hey All! I haven't been on CPF in a while but I figured I'd go back to my old stomping grounds like CPF and surefire.com and realized Surefire raised their prices AGAIN!!!! Kroma is now $345! The Vampire light was 295 now its 310?!?!. Worst of all seems that the E2DL with its new Lumens figures/ outputs or whatever you want to call that is now $165!! I don't think 2010 is going to be a great year for my wallet.

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
and the U2 has been lowered to 250...
- does that mean they are clearing stock of these:thinking:

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, that sucks. Thankfully I'm only interested in procuring one new Surefire this year... and two old models.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
They also lowered the C2L, E1B, E1L, etc too.

This helps because the E1B should be less than the E2DL anyway, as before they were roughly the same price.

Mike

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

I am a BIG spyderco(knife brand) collector.

Do you think I payed their MSRP of 219.00 for a military?.....Nope

People still do not understand that you get what you pay for.
Same here! Got a Caly3 - Carbon Fiber/ZDP-189 blade for 110 bucks, NIB. Not to mention my Temperance2, Hosson Forager, Street Beat, Leafstorm, Police G10, Manix2...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of these threads about SF prices pops up every few months and it usually has something to do with someone wanting something they can't afford.....:broke: Then when you can't afford it, you bash it, then SF lovers come to the defense. I'd rather these threads were just closed as soon as they start.

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
They also lowered the C2L, E1B, E1L, etc too.

That's after they increased original price of the E1b from $110* to $150. Never quite understood what happened there.

*I was originally was going to type "$85" because in my memory it was once that price. I was unable to confirm that in my fact checking.

Last edited:

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
One of these threads about SF prices pops up every few months and it usually has something to do with someone wanting something they can't afford.....:broke: Then when you can't afford it, you bash it, then SF lovers come to the defense. I'd rather these threads were just closed as soon as they start.

While I can see why you would think that. I in no way started or intended this thread as a way to bash Surefire. I own nothing but their lights. Every time they raise their prices I make it a point to inform the misinformed. Thats what this website is for. Flashlights/ flashlight related items. If you look at my older "Surefire Inflation" thread; I started it as a way to let people know the prices would be going up so they could hurry up and snatch the lights up while they were still at "decent" prices.

I personally don't get any Surefires for retail prices either but I figured I'd let everyone know since the majority of people I know on CPF purchase for MSRP with their hard earned money. Even thought I don't purchase Surefires for MSRP, the raise in prices would affect the price I would normally pay with my discount vs what I have to pay now with the increase with my discount.

Illum

Flashaholic
I might buy a couple surefire products from their hearing protection department, but there has been no new lights that caught my eye worthy to expedite earnings on.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's after they increased original price of the E1b from $110* to $150. Never quite understood what happened there.

*I was originally was going to type "$85" because in my memory it was once that price. I was unable to confirm that in my fact checking.

110 dollars was a fair price for E1B, IMO.
150 dollars is too much...

I love SF... I hate their inflation! :sick2:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i can vouch for their ear-pro devices...i have never had anything more comfortable or work better, and it says something about needing to be replaced every 6 months, but the warranty covers them? i may need to reread that part, cuz new earplugs every 6 months is AWESOME back to the topic...flashlight inflation is the least of my concerns, a one time 5-20 extra dollars won't bother me, but if batteries go up $2 a piece then i will worry, cuz thats a cumulative thing and will quickly outpace one time fees

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but no dealer is allowed to sell for less, remember the Optics HQ incidents?

Surefire authorized dealers have to offer MSRP, but you can can find NIP Surefire lights on eBay offered openly for considerably less. (I assume that the sellers are not Surefire authorized dealers, but rather have irregular quantities of inventory obtained from elsewhere.)

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
well I have admired surefire products for some time. I have had a tan G2 on my AR15 for awhile. Just recently started spending time on here and getting in over my head, 3 4-7's lights and now started getting back into surefire. now I'm a cheapskate and HATE paying MSRP. I just picked up a black C2 for 65 as a display model and then picked up a 6P led for 45 at a certain sale that was mentioned here.