• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre-payment thread for titanium 3pc SF-III. ENDED!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have decided to make the titanium 3pc (longer body, early design) SF-III a go. To make this possible, I will need your help of pre-payment to make this a reality due to high cost of materials and parts. Delivery will be 12 weeks after ending the pre-pay. Delivery should not exceed 12 weeks as there is no masking, no laser engraving or anodizing involved.

To date, this will be my first complete titanium flashlight ever made and this will be the end of the SF-III series. I will be offering 10pcs of the standard grip and 10pcs of the combat grip. At most, just in case more members do show up, I will be able to accommodate up to 15pcs each.

1 = Standard Body

2 = Combat Grip Body

There will be two types of tailcaps made, one for each body type and they WILL NOT be made as an option.

Tailcap with anti-roll + lanyard hole will be for the Combat Grip Body ONLY (1).

Tailcap without the anti roll collar + lanyard hole will be for the Standard Body ONLY (2).

Anti-roll (1) is on the left and non anti-roll (2) is on the right.

35aiu7t.jpg

You have two choices on drive current due to titanium being a poor heat conductor. Driving a 4 die or 6 die Ostar produces lots of heat. The trade off is runtime, otherwise you will damage the LED and converter board. The converter board will have a thermal sensor and it will turn the Flashlight off when excess heat is detected. Repeated or continuous auto thermal shut off will eventually cause permanent damage. If you plan on making your Ti SF-III a useable flashlight with continuous runtime, I recommend the Nichia NCSW119T version.

A = Ostar SMT LED driven at spec with 2 minute runtime in high, medium and 10 minutes in low.

B = 15 watt Ostar LED under driven with 2 minute runtime in high, medium and 10 minutes in low (add $50.00)

C = Nichia NCSW119T LED driven at spec for continuous use.

I will offer two types of reflectors, more flood or more spot.

F = Flood reflector
S = Spot reflector

Please specify your order request by using the number and letter system listed above.

Example… If you want a standard grip body with the 15 watt Ostar LED and a flood reflector. Your order should read… "2BF".

If you want a combat grip with Nichia LED with a spot reflector then it should read… "1CS".

If you want the other type of reflector so that you will have both, please add $12.00 and just include the other 'reflector' letter on your order request with a '+' in front of it. Example: "1CS+F"

The pre-payment price is $1050.00. This includes express mail shipping and covers Paypal service fees. If the numbers of pre-paid lights exceed 25pcs total, I will refund $100.00 as the price will come down by this amount. For those wanting an under-driven 15 watt Ostar please add $50.00 or a second reflector for $12.00. There is no extra cost with choosing the Ostar SMT or Nichia NCSW119T.

If you are interested in pre-paying for a Titanium SF-III, send your payment to arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com Your payment will determine your place in line on the list unless you ask for a specific number and its available.

Please I ask again, when sending payment, include your complete shipping address and your CPF NAME along with what you are paying for. I will end the pre-payment on the 31st of January or if 30 units sell out before this date. I know that most of us have suffered damage during the holidays and I am extending the cut off date to give members time to recover. If you have any questions, post on this thread or send me a PM.

This is the link to the earlier feeler thread for the titanium SF-III:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=256578

For those looking for the high powered, balck SF-III with the titanium scalloped bezel I have a pre-payment thread here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=251314

Here is the list:

stadard grip

1. proline 112CF+S+F
2. proline 112CF+S+F
3. Henk_Lu
4. E-J-J 112CF+S
5. ArsMachina 15 watt
7. ZeissOEM2 112CS+F+S
8. dcaprilia 15 watt

Combat grip

1. proline 212CF+S+F
2. proline 212CF+S+F
3. qarawol 212CF+S+F
4. E-J-J 212CF+S
5. ShortArc SPL
6. chipwillis 212CF+S+F
7. Elakazam 212CF+S+F
8. Elakazam 212CF+S+F
9. Metatron "B"
10. luxlunatic

Last edited:

Elakazam

Newly Enlightened
Re: Pre-payment thread for titanium 3pc SF-III.

Mike, please put me down for 2x lights with combat grip and 3 mode driver.

(i´m not sure about the LED at the moment, will decide that later)

If posssible, i would like to have serial no. 7 + 8.

Thanks, Oliver

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike, I sent you a PM yesterday about a switch from the black one to the Titanium.

If it is OK according to the PM please put me on the list for the combat grip, 3 mode, Nichia LED.

Thanks,

Thierry

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike, please place me on the list for the Combat Grip.
I'll take slot #10 if possible!
I will decide on LED soon.

dcaprilia

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

Pls switch my interest from the black SF-III to the Ti combat grip.
Ill take the same number as i had in the black, if not no. 3 in the 15 watt ostar / 3 mode. Ill be using it in short bursts.

Thanks,
Derrick

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like number 2 for the combat grip please!

Thanks,

Thierry

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

too much threads, too much words in english, too much ......:dedhorse:

I think, we can do it more easy for those like me, who can not read and write english very well. And for those, who are always confused from the last threads.

Sorry, no more time and patience, so the numbers shown in the pictures are very little.

Can you please write those Numbers from:
A) body
B) bezel
C) tailcap
D) knurling
you will do for the CPF-members, please.
So i, and i think some more guy`s will have more conception then.

Body:
1 = short new one from the last run, here combat grip
2= 3 piece light with combat grip, longer and older version
3 = 3 piece light with ?? body, longer and older version
4 = 3 piece light with normal body, longer and older version

4266413663_d0aa23c710.jpg

I think, you build Nr. 2 and Nr. 4 - but in long or in short version ?

Tailcap

1 = new one, anti roll
2 = old one with old

4266413797_f44c8c48e2.jpg

3 = new, little - short one
4266413893_e131593a09.jpg

Bezel

1 = Bezel with wave
2 = flatten/straight bezel without wave

4267160752_6f0b3a5e32.jpg

And what about the knurling ?
1 = older version
2 = newer version, last run

4267230090_56a497862d.jpg

What do you build now ??
Bezel - Nr. ??
Body - long/short Nr. ??
Tailcap - Nr. ??
knurling - old or new one ??

Please make me and sure some other members a little bit more smartly.

Thanks a lot
Greetings
Olaf

ArsMachina

Enlightened

Thanks Olaf, I am also totally confused.

Jochen

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

To maybe clairify a bit, at least to my understanding:
This is a quote by Mike from the Ti feeler thread:
"This run will be for a combat grip only with the anti roll tailcap and scalloped bezel pictured in the black SF-III run(page 3)."

Well, both bodies are now available, Combat and Standard, 10 of each(but no more than 30 tatal) but the tail will be anti-roll with a scalloped bezel.
So:
-Bezel: Will be scalloped(wave).
-Body: Both Combat grip or Standard grip (#2 and #4 in pic from Olaf)which both will be the longer, old style, 3 piece design.
-Tail: Anti-roll tailcap.
-Knurling: That is the one I am not sure on, old or new? I hope its the old style.

Hope this helps to clear things up a bit.
Mike, correct me if I'm wrong!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also hope and vote for the smooth old style knurling!

Jochen

Titanium and aggressive knurling would not match...

I also hope for the smooth knurling and for the rest I admit being confused as well, but have another attitude for those "problems" : Let the artist decide! Mike, build me the light the way you think it works and looks best! :thumbsup:

After all, for most lights you don't have much choice, the maker shows it to us, we come up with a dozen ideas to make it better and if an idea is caught up, it'll be for the whole run... :shrug:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Olaf_S: I will simplify the first post. There won't be options on the tailcap or bodies being long or short. Too many options is complicated like you mentioned so I will do this in a few hours. The knurling will not be as agressive as the newer SF-III. TNC mentioned that it could not be done in titanium so no worries there.

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've updated the 1st thread and hope its easier to understand. I don't have access to posting pictures os i have a rough time.

This run is for the 3pc body, long version just like the original.

ARC mania

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, that's easier, thanks!

I switch from the combat body to the normal body, I guess it's 2CS what I want... :crazy:

PM sent! :wave:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

List updated.

ARC mania

Why am I still missing in that list? :mecry:

Payment not done yet? Can't you put me into brackets until it has been done? OK, I'll wait, as long as my wanted serial is reserved... :wave:

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened

Payment sent for upgrade from Black SF III to Titanium SF III 2CS+F

Best regards O.R