Something I would like to see as an option.

Jida

Newly Enlightened
A light which has a primary purpose of creating non-directional ambient light.

360 degree full flood light (ok 359 degree because of the wires).

Think of a sphere on a chopstick or a candy apple.

Sphere size of 1" to 3" max with a module for the powersource about the size of a 1 cell light.

Since the light is meant to be ambient, you could use multiple efficient LEDs instead of a single powerful one or any other combination.

What got me thinking about this was this light,...

1425987.jpg

With a pure clear casing, more power and a focus on being more like a 'lamp bulb' I think it would be useful. Currently this little light will send out a really artifact riddled light pattern however it gets the thought across.

The dream configuration would be a self contained impact resistant sphere which you could control from embedded switches.

The mentality would be to use it much more like when you would want to use a glowstick. Non-directional, generalized illumination with a very smooth beam pattern.

herulach

Enlightened
Most lights with a diffuser get close to this, as do decent lanterns (although thats not a full sphere of light, in a room you probably won't notice a difference.

Jida

Newly Enlightened
Diffusers and attachments do work well. They still have a 'directional' light albeit a minor one.

Mark620

Enlightened
Diffusers and attachments do work well. They still have a 'directional' light albeit a minor one.

Outside at night there does not seem to be a directional light coming from the P7 inside the Vitamin bottle (aka diffuser) due to the material thickness.

I could make light bulbs based on this setup but the heat dissipation is a problem.