Which ARC AAA do I have?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I have an ARC AAA flashlight that I acquired in a trade here a while ago and I'm curious what version I have. It seems that every ARC AAA I see has a taper on the head but mine does not. Also I was told that it was an ARC P but mine just has ARC engraved in it. So does anyone happen to know which version ARC AAA flashlight I have? The pic is not great but I think it shows how the head of my light doesn't have the taper I see on alot of the other ARC AAA lights.

P1010016-2.jpg

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC AAA's have been produced with the tapered head for quite a while, so it appears this is from an earlier production run.

Search for posts on this subject in the ARC subforum.

carrot

Flashaholic
Probably using the Nichia BS. The Arc-P doesn't necessarily have that engraved on it. The pre-taper Arcs are from the old company, I think.

MrMom

Enlightened
This is from a post I made in 2003. I had already become an ARC collector then. The versions mentioned below are still in my collection. When Peter first released v1.0, it was my first $expensive$ flashlight purchase. The model you have is from the old ARC Co. It could be in the late 03-05 era. My v3.1's have been in service on my daily key chain sience 2003.

Version History

Not all of the version history of the Arc-AAA is remembered. Arc has upgraded this light many times in the past 2+ years.

1.0 First offered in May of 2001. Had gasket instead of O-ring. Type II finish.
1.? Switched to O-ring which made the units waterproof
2.5 Switched to Type III anodize, new retail packaging
3.0 Added ChemKote
3.1 Added roll crimp to increase reliability
3.2 Change circuit design and layout to slightly increase output 2003

Last edited: