Best 'Mini' (<150mm) torch advice

thommo41

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have an LED Lenser Police Tech torch right now (http://ledlenser.co.uk/content/productView.aspx?prodId=28) which is great compared to the various maglite's I seem to of collected over the years. But I still need something more. I walk the dog in the dark and the Police Tech is great but is not ideal for distance or wide areas.

Im from the UK so it might be a bit difficult getting hold of some of the hardware you guys get, but I thought I'd ask.

Im still looking for something small and light but want something brighter, preferably with a wider spread of light.

Any advice? LED Lenser do the P7/T7 but I didn't want to go for another without asking the experts ;)

Cheers,
Alan

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want to stay with common batteries (AAA, AA, D) or are you open to more exotic lithium types?
Are you using disposable or rechargeable batteries?

Do you need adjustable focus or can you live with a fixed focus hotspot + spill type beam.

Koevoet

Newly Enlightened
Iam looking for such a light aswell,after a lot of research i made a choice,it will be the Dereelight CL1H V4,it works great on one 18650 rechargeable battery,holds one of the brightes light bulbs( 3SD Cree XP-G R5 ~280Lumens ) is really compact (5 inch/127 mm length )
For more spec check this site http://flashlightconnection.com/Der...Dereelight-CL1H-V4-3SD-Cree-XP-G-R5-p260.html
Dereelight-CL1H-V4-3SD-Cree-XP-G-R5-p260.html

thommo41

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies... Id prefer standard AA/AAA batteries for availability and cost of replacement batteries, and an adjustable focus is preferable. I cannot believe the 3xAAA light mentioned (SA-28) as the LED Lensers cost well over double that!!! Mine is currently 3xAAA so I guess the SA-28 wouldn't really do a great deal more for me?

Thanks
Alan

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

you could look at Fenix UK, the Fenix E20 is a 2xAA light, simple single mode, click on, click off, and has the ability to focus as well. I just checked the site and it says free delivery in the UK if that is an incentive for you.

Ordering the same light from 4sevens which also has free shipping and a discont code ("CPF8") is also an option but i am unsure if your customs will impose any duties.

There is another single AA focusing light from Shiningbeam it's a single AA light and has received some favourable reviews here as well. Discount code there is "CPFuser" though you do have to pay some shipping costs ($5.95 or so to Singapore so to UK may be the same or even lower). The same issue with your customs will apply.

As for your LED Lenser light, i personally own this one and its a pretty nice light, i like that it runs off 1xAA and its suprisingly bright for its size. You can see some decidedly amateurish beamshots here. I also own the LED Lenser P14 which is much larger, runs off 4xAAs and has 3 modes, high-low and a momentary turbo which is activated when you half press the switch.

The P14 is IMHO awesome and it can flood a large area in front of you, when focused to a spot, it can throw pretty far out, easily 100 metres in dark conditions and probably further in pitch black.

If you're prepared to give up the focusing requirement, a lot more lights are available for your consideration.