LED options for Surefire M6?

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking about getting a Surefire M6, and I'm planning on trying out some of the different incan options, but I'd like to have an LED solution as well. I know about the Lumens Factory P7 head (please get some more, LF!), but are there any other LED options for the M6?

Thanks,

Dave.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Try this search for 'M6 LED tower module', also 'Justin Case' has a few threads of some LED towers that he has built, try this thread of his first. They insert right in to the reflector assembly, and can be very good substitutes for lamp assemblies in the M6, depending on your specific needs.

BTW I have a low-voltage LED tower in a SureFire KT-2 turbohead (for 2-3 NiMH cells) and I'm quite happy with it.

I've been thinking about getting a Surefire M6, and I'm planning on trying out some of the different incan options
My suggestion: :paypal::party:
Hope this helps,
K

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened
Another +1 for Led Zep. Just tell him what you want, and he'll be able to build you the light module of your dreams.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides all of the excellent suggestions above, there are at least two more options: 1) the goinggear.com MC-E Head for the SureFire M Series, and 2) the OpticsHQ TLS TX3 Conversion Head.

Choice depends on how much money you want to spend and the style of LED option you seek (and in the case of the OpticsHQ head, whether or not you like the two-mode UI). The LF and goinggear products are complete THs. Just remove the KT4 and replace it with the LF or GG TH. An LED turbo tower is basically an LED version of the incandescent lamp that comes with your M6. Essentially, any LED that can fit through the reflector opening can be used (I've built Seoul P4, Cree XP-G, and Cree MC-E towers driven by boost, buck, and linear regulator drivers). Led Zeppelin's stuff is in a league of its own.

If you are reasonably adept at soldering, you might consider buying a Netkidz tower kit, a 17mm buck driver from DX or KD, and an XP-G R4 on a 10mm MCPCB from nailbender and build your own. Total parts cost is probably less than $40.

SureFireM6withAWMC-Etower.jpg

SureFireM6KT4view1.jpg

AWtowerXP-GR4SOB1227.jpg

AW-Arcmaniatowermodules.jpg

NetkidztowerwithXP-GR4on8mmMCPCB.jpg

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but thought it'd be better than starting a new one:

Have there been any new advancements in the SF M6 led mod front? Getting my first M6 and looking forward to pimping it out!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but thought it'd be better than starting a new one:

Have there been any new advancements in the SF M6 led mod front? Getting my first M6 and looking forward to pimping it out!

M6 LED mods looks more or less dead, which is a big shame :(
Bare Tower modules are not available even though a couple of members did show an interest in doing a run of them
but those projects seem to have been dropped.

You can always buy a M6LT :p

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to hear!

I hope someone else still wants to show the M6 incan some love and ways to upgrade =)

salimnice

Newly Enlightened
M6 LED mods looks more or less dead, which is a big shame :(
Bare Tower modules are not available even though a couple of members did show an interest in doing a run of them
but those projects seem to have been dropped.

You can always buy a M6LT :p

I'm looking for a good M6 LED mod and would argue that they are not dead. Aside from M-Zeppelin Milkyspit seems to be in this space. Maybe M6 owners are just have very specific desires. While one size "seemingly" fits most (not all) in some other hosts I think the M6 is unique because this doesn't seem to be the case. I'd like to hear from non-doubters what other options they have found... Lumen Factory Seraph P7 and SST-90 come to mind. What is everyone's favorite M-Zeppelin and Milkyspit mods for the M6?