4 sevens mini

randy kickass

Newly Enlightened
Could some one tell me the diff between cool white and natural white in the mini .
What are the posative and negative of both

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

cool white = sometimes exhibits a bluish/greenish tint but is generally VERY white. generally does not render colours as accurately as a neutral/warm white LED.

neutral white/warm white = more 'warm' i.e. yellowish and is generally better at showing colours.

When i first got into this, i was 'pah, who wants warm, give me more lumens!' now, my collection is steering towards the warmer tints but that is not to say that cool whites do not have their place, i have both in my collection and each serves a role.

Right now i have a EX10 R2 and a Quark Mini 123 (neutral white) on me so both lighting needs are covered.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
Here's a picture I took of a Quark AA neutral white beam (right) and a Quark Mini 123 cool white beam (left). Both are on medium.

beams-1.jpg

pobox1475

Enlightened
If you are thinking of an AA mini get a Ti warm and see if you like the warmer tint. They will probably be sold out soon and I think it would be safe to say you will not lose out if you BST it off. I have one and it is one of my favorites.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are thinking of an AA mini get a Ti warm and see if you like the warmer tint. They will probably be sold out soon and I think it would be safe to say you will not lose out if you BST it off. I have one and it is one of my favorites.

Why should they be sold out soon, they are not a limited edition, it's just that at one point they won't get a serial anymore...
EDIT : The neutral whites may actually been sold out at one point, both alu and ti!

The 123 is much brighter than the AA. I have several of those MiNis, because I always have to jump on everything instead of waiting for what comes. My last ones were a 123 Ti and an AA Ti neutral white. That's the good combination! In aluminium, they are also of course.

Last edited: