A Ku New Titanium AA Light

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Volere - A Ku New Titanium AA Light

Ok, I'm excited. That's because I've always love AA lights and that there're very few titanium AA lights around. So when I found out Steve (kuku427) is doing another round of wallet-damaging exercise that includes a custom titanium AA, I have to find out more. So far, not much is known except what's on the sales thread but I managed to wheedle Steve into giving me more pics and info to share with all. :p

Here's what I got.....

sk1rv.jpg

sk2i.jpg

sk3u.jpg

sk4m.jpg

kutiindoor1.jpg

kutiindoor2.jpg

kutioutdoor2.jpg

kutioutdoor1.jpg

These specs will be revised and/or updated with the dribs of info Kuku is willing to release to me along the way.

*Ti 6/4
*3-mode + Memory
*Electronic switch
*Deep-carry Clip (Ti version in the works)
*XP-G @ 1Amp (R5 and R4 neutral)
*AA or 14500
*sapphire window
*trit slot in the tail
*92mm x 19mm

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting with anticipation for more news about that beauty and...

... it's price! :faint:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the price is going to be over $100+. I remembered the titanium D10/EX10 was somewhere around ~$130-$150 (IIRC).

You're right that it will be over 100$...

The D10 was 160$ (plus 10$ trit) and the EX10 was 185$ (plus 10$ trit) and that was without a light engine!

Here we have a trit and we have a sapphire. What's more, it has a light engine. So, if we also consider that an LF2XT with trit and XP-G was 176$, we can safely say that this one will be over 180$. :eek:

My personal guess is 195$ and we still forgot the titanium clip, where we don't have a price yet (and which seems to be an option), I'm waiting for three of them for other lights already...

Oops, I forgot to say that Ku's prices are very reasonable in the custom class, where titanium normally begins way above 200$! :thumbsup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Zeruel, great job wrangling the info and pics from Steve!

:faint::crazy: It looks like bigger version of the LF2XT with a bit of my polished 6PD bezel thrown in! Fantastic! Well, if this goes up soon and it has the same UI as the LF2XT, I'm selling my Ti LF2XT to pick this one up! :cool::popcorn:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
What a beauty! It's going to be impossible for me to resist.

Over at the marketplace, you mentioned a CR123 version in the future, any possibilities of an 18650 version (assuming that things go smoothly with the AA model of course).

Will the 14250 body be available as a stand alone item, or will you have to purchase the entire light?

Keep up the good work Ku, but please keep it spaced out enough that our wallets can keep up. :devil:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
ack! bad pun, Z, bad pun! :D

Can't resist. :D

Zeruel, great job wrangling the info and pics from Steve!

:faint::crazy: It looks like bigger version of the LF2XT with a bit of my polished 6PD bezel thrown in! Fantastic! Well, if this goes up soon and it has the same UI as the LF2XT, I'm selling my Ti LF2XT to pick this one up! :cool::popcorn:

Thanks, I had to threaten him that if he doesn't, I'm going to fly up there and spank his @rse. :whoopin:

Don't sell your LF2XTi, sell your LF5XT. :nana:

SS first then Ti at a later date.

Nooooo.... Ti first for a complete set. :(

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I think the rule of thumb is if you have to ask then you can't afford it.
Actually that's not a rule of thumb so much as a knee-jerk reaction! :laughing:
Most of us asked Steve's price for the LF2XT Ti and then bought them. Now that we know the approximate price range and a few specs I believe a lot of us will be buying them too!

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Actually that's not a rule of thumb so much as a knee-jerk reaction! :laughing:
Most of us asked Steve's price for the LF2XT Ti and then bought them. Now that we know the approximate price range and a few specs I believe a lot of us will be buying them too!
Yup, I´ll be in :popcorn: for at least one.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, it's Ku's very own and it's not a stupid question. :p

Latest posts