When is it too many?

donn_

Flashaholic
I recently bought a ThruNite XP-G R5 drop-in on the MarketPlace, and it arrived today. After slipping it into it's new host, I looked around my desk and counted 14 Surefire, FiveMega and Malkoff hosts with LED drop-ins ranging from an antique Malkoff Q2 to a NailBender SST-50 (an SST-90 model is still on the way). There are that many more in storage in drawers in my desk.

Could this be considered too many?:D

Arnulf

Enlightened
I recently bought a ThruNite XP-G R5 drop-in on the MarketPlace, and it arrived today. After slipping it into it's new host, I looked around my desk and counted 14 Surefire, FiveMega and Malkoff hosts with LED drop-ins ranging from an antique Malkoff Q2 to a NailBender SST-50 (an SST-90 model is still on the way). There are that many more in storage in drawers in my desk.

Could this be considered too many?:D

Yes.....send half of them to me. :D

brianch

Enlightened
Never!!! My MC-E drop-in just arrived today. And in a few days I should be getting a SF C2, iTP A3, iTP A1, M1X, TK11, RRT-1, Jet1Pro, and a bunch of accessories and random doohickeys :popcorn::party:lovecpf:tinfoil::D:devil::nana:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Donn, I'd be far more worried that you don't have enough. You've got 14 listed, but obviously...

....you need to have at least 3 ready to loan out at any given time. (And clearly those can't be your 3 best.)

....two are for the car.

....four are to compare against each other in bounce/tint tests.

....2 are for emergency/BOB use.

....1 is for taking walks with, or carrying out in the evening.

....1 must be available for your wife to use.

....1 is for size comparison when you post pictures of other lights.

So god forbid you need another light, you're completely tapped out. You're at the limit, man - buy another one just to be safe!! :D

- FITP

Geban

Newly Enlightened
I don´t think that´s the right question.
As long as you ask that, your all right.

The question is when do you stop asking yourself if you have to many flashlights?
And when you do, it´s to late. You are well beyond salvation, and there´s no need to worry anymore.. :grouphug:

paintballdad

Enlightened
You have too many when.........

You have to have your own reactor to power your chargers and lights.

Your house is brighter than the Vegas strip when you turn on your lights.

Your house is mistaken for an airport when you line up your lights and turn them on.

When you start thinking of tapping on your kid's college fund.

When you run out of room to hide them from the wife.

Hell, you can never have too many!!!

donn_

Flashaholic
Donn, I'd be far more worried that you don't have enough. You've got 14 listed, but obviously...

....you need to have at least 3 ready to loan out at any given time. (And clearly those can't be your 3 best.)

....two are for the car.

....four are to compare against each other in bounce/tint tests.

....2 are for emergency/BOB use.

....1 is for taking walks with, or carrying out in the evening.

....1 must be available for your wife to use.

....1 is for size comparison when you post pictures of other lights.

So god forbid you need another light, you're completely tapped out. You're at the limit, man - buy another one just to be safe!! :D

- FITP

ROFL!

I didn't count the ones in the bedroom, my wife's car, my truck, two different boats, and who knows where else.

Keep in mind, this is only the SF/SF clone hosts with single emitter LED drop-ins. It doesn't include hotwire incans, multi-emitter LED lights, and other odds-and-ends.

I need to cut back to a few hundred.:rolleyes:

Barbarian

Enlightened
"When is it too many?"

When you have more sales threads than most members have lights. :devil:

nutnless220

Newly Enlightened
Donn, I can't believe you can get away with having all those lights and being married too. How do you do it man?

Tell us your secret...lol

scout24

Flashaholic
For me, it is when I start losing them in the house, as they are not all in the same place. Every now and then, I'll run around for 10 minutes or so saying "Now where did I put that one..."

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Too many torches? Is there such a limit?
I need to reach it as soon as possible so I can stop buying more torches :)

My biggest problem is how to get around the wife. This is my plan, and on paper it sounds like it could work.

First off, sell ANYTHING on ebay to get some ready cash!

Make it a point of browsing dealextreme.com for a torch that looks like, say, a Catapult, cost's around $16 dollars and say to her, "Now here's a torch that I wouldn't mind having and it's pretty cheap". After some arguments about too many torches, counter-arguments of too many pairs of shoes, she finally gives in to letting me order it.

About a week later, my brand new REAL BatteryJunction Catapult arrives and I'm only in trouble for a while about my wasteful dealextreme purchases! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Thank my lucky stars she doesn't have an interest in torches and does not read this forum.

Regards,
bedazzLED.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
"When is it too many?"

When you have more sales threads than most members have lights. :devil:

That hits the target !! donn_ you have many beautiful lights for sale - when you had the new years eve special I couldn't decide which one I wanted (& I think I have too many...).

I did finally sell my "ancient" Malkoff Q2 - great hot spot in it.:twothumbs