Which Battery Configuration and Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
For those of you that own and LSH/LSL/REV2/ETC, which battery configuraton do you use and why? I've always preferred the 1 x 123 configuraton, since it allows for the smallest, easiet to carry, configuration. I carry my LSH-P with me daily, in the ARC pouch, attached to my belt.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
RD, you are talking in code! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Balls, Stones, I guess I don't follow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Could you rephrase your question? I used to carry the 1x123 config when I had one of these jewels...

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like 1 123 twistie tailcap the most. The most compact flashlight (beside AAA, of course)

jtice

Flashaholic
For EDC, I think I will use the 123 twistie. Its just SOOO small, and nicely shaped.

Any other time, such as home, comping, hiking, etc, I will use the 2AA twistie tail. For the most part I will use nimh's... and sometime alks.

I suggest everyone get the 2AA tail, it makes it so you can run your wonderful Arc alllll the time, and not worry about using up expensive 123's.

And,, with the 2AA tail, its Still smaller than a MiniM*g.
{3FA99C82-2D51-4C9F-AE4E-DABC58E61DCE}lg.jpg

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
2AA TSP nearly all the time with 2 Rayovac Nimhs. Just too much cheaper then those pesky 123s. It never leaves my side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I do love the 123 TSP also, just to cheap to use it.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until I got 24 AA NiMHs, i used mine with TSP-123. Now I use them in 2AA (twisty until TSP-2AAs arrive). 123s still make for a good backup, but, NiMHs are better for routine usage.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC with the TSP-123, in my back pocket. On those ocassions where I expect to use it more continuously or want a bigger package to grip, I use the 2AA (non-clickie). Sometimes bigger is better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I do like the option to use whatever fits the application.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I use 123 twisty mainly. I EDC in my pocket and use it during work to illuminate insides of copiers, printers, faxes. Compact size is the ticket in this role, and the light is about 3/4 inch shorter than a 123tsp this way. I simply would not EDC the light if using a 2AA pack.

Also, the cost of 123 cells is of minor consideration to me when the light it's going into has a MSRP well over $100. I just purchase in bulk to reduce the individual cost of the cells.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
My EDC 1 x 123 TSP LSH-P in ripoffs pouch.
I have 2 of the AAs but they are just in case I need
batteries & can't find 123s while on a trip.
My wife & kids all use 1 x 123 because of the size & because
I keep them in batteries. They like ARCs because of the size
& with AAs it's just not the same. They wouldn't carry AA.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
123 because it's so small. When 2xAA size is in order I carry my Madmax+ Q3 Brinkmann Legend. Might as well get output to go with the size.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Ray,

I use my LSH-P with the 2 AA battery holder. I use this light every day at work (NDT inspection), and find that the longer battery holder fits my hand better and is easier to use than the 123 holder. For fun and camping I switch to the 123 holder for the "gee whiz that's a lot of light from a small package!!!" WOW factor.

I use NiMH batteries and was surprised that after 5 weeks of every day use (mostly momentary on for a few seconds repeated several times a day) they still were showing 1.12V and working well.

I have a Rip Off holster that carries both my Super Leatherman and LSH-P 2AA together, and I don't leave home without it (them).

Tom

gyverpete

Enlightened
I EDC mine with the 123 Twisty. I bought the LS mainly because it was SO compact with this pack. And it works well one-handed. Very smooth. It rides on my belt in a homemade quickdraw holster. My LS also came with the 2-AA pack but I never use it. The clicky 123 looks a little ugly IMO and makes the light longer than it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.